I've been made redundant

Moosh

Due to the economic downturn, I've been made redundant.

I'm not one for doom and gloom though, I am thinking about going back to the books and studying my Cert IV in Project Management. It's paid for by the government so I might as well do it. Haven't studied since school so it's going to be a pretty big change for me!

Guest Lisajonesey

Very sorry to hear you've been made redundant, Michelle! You sound like you've god a good attitute there though.. and sounds like a good time to get another certificate under your belt.. make you even more employable...

Sometimes its good to have a change, and you'll soon get back into studying.. (and the lifestyle!!)

Best of luck with your course!

Lisa.x

Hi Michelle

Sorry to hear your news - OH is still looking for something since getting the same thing at the end of February. Engineering not looking too rosy an industry at the moment!

Great plan to study, especially as you can get the government to pay for it - you go for it girl! It's certainly a skill that seems seriously lacking in several industries out here, so the more good people the better!

Fingers crossed that this turns out to be the best possible silver lining for you

Diane

Really sorry to hear that but I do believe things happen for a reason so make the most of your opportunity. I was hoping for redundancy this week when they were all announced but it wasnt to be! Would have loved that extra cash for our trip.

Get studying and enjoy the change.

Denise

Guest Dave & Carole

Sorry to hear about your redundancy....but you def. have the right attitude...do something with your time. The economic downturn won't last forever and if you managed to get a job before you certainly will again I'm sure.

Good luck with the studying.

Carole

Guest Lisado

Sorry to hear that Michelle.

There have been 90 redundancies here in my law firm and one person has used it as an opportunity to start her own business. SHe said she wouldnt have made the move had she not been let go

So who knows - may be an opportunity fo rsomething else for you

Lotsof luck, LIsa

Sorry to hear that Michelle. I know you had said a while back that this was looking like a possibility. Stay positive and the best of luck with finding something else.

Ahh, Michelle, sorry to here your news. Just echoing what others have said, you've got the right idea and use the time wisely.

Best of luck hun,

Judi xxx

Guest Libby1971

(Think the very best Delboy accent you can think of)

It's alright darlin'...this time next year we'll be millionaires!!

Seriously Michelle, it is a ****ty thing to have happened at any time and having a reason for it to happen to you doesn't make it easier. Good on you though for trying to find a positive out of all this. Thanks for posting as well. The job situation here is precarious at the moment and your open post will give some people something that they made need to consider before coming. For those of us here, we may need to do some thinking as well.

I trust that you will be 'ab fab' in your new career path once you've done those qualifications.

Take care hun:wubclub::wubclub:

Libby

Wow I can't believe all the messages I've received. Thanks very much! :wubclub:

Yes it's a hard time - the employment pages in the papers are so thin, there aren't many good jobs being advertised on the internet. There are jobs but not as many as there were say this time last year. This is why I've decided to take this step towards studying as by the time I get qualified, hopefully the recession will be over and I will be able to get a better paying job.

I have been through a lot since coming to Australia. I've had serious health issues (those that know me well know that I have been in and out of hospital over the last 3 years) and numerous jobs - that's why I keep my chin up and just move on.

Guest Guest75
Due to the economic downturn, I've been made redundant.

I'm not one for doom and gloom though, I am thinking about going back to the books and studying my Cert IV in Project Management. It's paid for by the government so I might as well do it. Haven't studied since school so it's going to be a pretty big change for me!

Sorry to hear this Michelle.

Good luck with the course.

I'm sure work will come your way swiftly.:)