Kids in the street

Guest Lisado

Guest Lisado

Hi all

I wasn't going to put this on but I thought would share what happened to us on Easter Sunday. I had 14 family members here for lunch and it was a beautiful day here in UK. My 8 year old son had gone out to play and then the next thing I knew we had 6 police standing outside, 2 police cars and police van with dogs and my son hysterical. As you can imagine I was in instant shock. Turned out some kids who moved into the street last year had my son and threatened to kill him with their pen knives (which their parents had bought them). My son managed to get away and crawled through a pipe that leads over the stream by the woods next to our house (he is small enough to do that) and at the other side he called the police who found him and brought him home.

The police went round to the kids' parents (the kids are 10 and 11!!) and we still have had no word as to what happened. If I don't hear today I am going to contact them again as we called on Monday and nothing was on the system.

I have lost all faith with police , legal system here in UK. I know kids can be like this anywhere but we can't wait to come over to SA, as there is nothing left here for kids anymore.

Don't want to bring doom and gloom but it just shows how things are going. We live in a really nice part of Newcastle a one in which even the police said this is the best neighbourhood to be in!!! No more.

Looks like we might have to accept a mad offer on the house just to leave

As for my son he can't sleep at night now

Lisa

Guest Libby1971

OMG I am so sorry for the distress that this must have caused your whole family. I wish I had something more constructive to say but just wanted to say we're thinking of you:wubclub:

PS The B*st*rds will get theirs at some point in life. I am a very believer in karma

Hi Lisa, I am so sorry to hear that you had to experience this. Sadly this is a growing trend in the UK. This is also one of the reasons why I am leaving amongst others. I want my kids to experience what I had when I was younger and you just can't let them do that here. I'm sure that you know already but keep close to your son and my thoughts are with you. I also believe in cosmic karma and those boys will also learn a hard lesson some point in their lives. The moto is very true what goes round comes round. just can't understand why parents would buy a knife as a present, what are they thinking?? Just goes to show not everyone raises their kids with good values.

Keep strong, and maybe we can meet on the other side.

Luv

Prema and family

Guest GIPSY

Little B******s!! Hearing these things makes me sooo angry - what right do they have to do that to someone else - I really do hope they get their comeuppance - and their bloody parents!!

My husband logged onto facebook last night and there was a petition - something to do with Jamie Bulger - I wouldn't talk to him about it as it brings me horrid visions. Let's just say that spoilt our evening as I couldn't get it out of my head as our almost 3 year old lay in bed without a care in the world!

I hope your little one recovers from the ordeal soon xx

Lisa that's awful, your poor family! Can't think what else to say, just wanted to post how terrible it must have been for you all, I can't even begin to imagine..... Fingers crossed you can sell your house soon and get your family to a new life.

Thinking of you..

Diane

Guest BAZnDAF

That must have been awful...

I was under the impression that the police have a duty to keep you informed on cases now! or is that in certain places only!

Hope your son gets over it soon..

Guest familygood

God thats awful. Thinking of you s and your little boy... I must just say though that its the bloody parents who need their Karma. Kids are just kids - we musn't give up on them however badly they have been brought up.

Guest caoimhe

OMG how awful. It's hard to imagine kids being like that. My eldest is 11 and don't get me wrong he's no angel but I know in my heart he wouldn't be capable of something like that, not that he would ever be allowed a knife.

I hope your little one gets over this soon and I really really hope you get the house sold so you can get out here quick.

Good luck

Guest Lisado

thanks all - Alex is now not allowed out of my sight. He is allowed across the street and I am so pleased I bought him a mobile.

I do think the kids are influenced by their parents. Last year I went to see one of these kid's mother as their son threw a rock off his head as he was heading home. She wasn't even bothered her son was like that and also after speaking to other parents in the street - they have also been to this kid's mother and they said she can see no bad in him!!!

I think I got more spooked out after the news reports the other week of those kids left for dead by again 10 and 11 year olds.

Mind you he is wrestling with his snakes (toys this time!!) so he is ok at the mo

Hurry up house sale eh!

Lisa

Guest brandyslad

Thank god he is ok, what a terrible ordeal for him. What a suprise the mother is useless. I am also a big believer in what comes around goes around, they will have no luck. And what sort of parent buys their child knives!!!!

No sign of the police checks??

Guest Lisado

Police checks due 28/29 April - we called SAPS and will email our agent in South Af to collect them and scan them to us ASAP

Hopefully we granted visa after that. Just waiting for that news then we will be out of here :cute:

Hi Lisa,

So sorry to hear your awful news. These boys want stringing up. They are no age themselves. The parents are to blame and this is something the police should deal with quite seriously. Glad to hear it was not a lot worse and your little lad is okay. I bet all the family cannot wait for the happy day when you land on Ozzie soil. Hope you hear soon regarding your visa. Good luck.

Alison x