Aussie banks hardsell

julie-ruth

Watch out for this one guys, went down to my local bank this morning to pay a cheque in handed over my card with the cheque to get it payed into my account and the cashier after sorting it out said I see you are in need of a review of your accounts, oh yes I replied we have only been here 6 months I thought, we have lots of new accounts going on in the bank she said we have availible staff to speak to you today if you like, thats ok I said I book with hubby when we have time (lying through my teeth) all the time the cashier kept hold of my card, she then said I'll just pass you over to one of the staff who can call you at home and she handed over my card to one of the staff there by keeping me there, cheeky cow. I then saw red asked for my card back and said I was in a hurry and left without giving any personal information, its left me now thinking I don't want to go in the bank again I really don't need the hassel but what do you do, anyone else had this sort of hardsell in the bank or have I just been unlucky..

Julie

Guest ade&emma

Had this in England with my bank. Was a nightmare and when I wouldn't commit in the bank to an arranged interview they hassled me constantly on the phone. Got my own back thought by having the interview about my account about a week before we left the country just to waste there time like they had mine.

Guest UzinOz

Why don't you call the bank, or speak to bank manager next time you're in and tell them to add "no marketing" to your account. Not sure if they see it when they pull your details up with your card but it's worth a try.

Jackie

Guest graandjac
Watch out for this one guys, went down to my local bank this morning to pay a cheque in handed over my card with the cheque to get it payed into my account and the cashier after sorting it out said I see you are in need of a review of your accounts, oh yes I replied we have only been here 6 months I thought, we have lots of new accounts going on in the bank she said we have availible staff to speak to you today if you like, thats ok I said I book with hubby when we have time (lying through my teeth) all the time the cashier kept hold of my card, she then said I'll just pass you over to one of the staff who can call you at home and she handed over my card to one of the staff there by keeping me there, cheeky cow. I then saw red asked for my card back and said I was in a hurry and left without giving any personal information, its left me now thinking I don't want to go in the bank again I really don't need the hassel but what do you do, anyone else had this sort of hardsell in the bank or have I just been unlucky..

Julie

From what i can remember most of the uk banks were the same LLoyds being the worst one