cant beleive what i just saw

Guest dunnarunna

Guest dunnarunna

me and hubby went for an early morning jog round the lake in belair park on the second lap round hubby said look and standing right near us were 2 adult emus:shocked: thought i was seeing things from the excess oxygen i was taking in, been up there loads of times and didnt realise they had them roaming around. got a bit worried running past them mind, as i knew i couldnt outrun one after 2 laps of the lake.

donna

Guest Jo&Phil

I was walking the dogs (on leads) with a friend last week and those 'bush chooks' caused much canine excitement....... as did a really huge kangaroo. Fortunately puppies decided against giving chase or I would have been dragged halfway through Belair by a matched pair of Great Danes and a stout (but fast) Lab!

If you are worried about them then grab a stick that's about 4 feet long and hold it up like it's an Olympic torch, so the top is way above your head. Emu's won't go for anything taller than they are.

I'll tell the boys that one! I took Liam and friends to Belair yesterday (it's their fave place at the mo!) and they were dead set on feeding them...:wacko:

Whilst there, they did all the stuff that makes me happy - played games, spotted koalas, one brown snake that was minding its' own business under a log, millipedes, a centipede, a skink, collected conkers which they then hit with a log and threw grapes at each other. I read my book, rugged up with a with a cup of tea!

You are lucky to be able to go there every day my little Monkey Friend. :wubclub: *

LC

Guest Bodie

We've seen the emus a couple of times. Our dog, Bodie, was about a metre away from them and did not seem to notice them at all. Unfortunately she does notice the possums in our garden - thinks they're squirrels I guess. I also saw an echnida near the Belair office/car park. I grew up in country SA but that was the first time I've seen one outside a wildlife park. Very cute.

Tracey

Guest The Pottertons

Wow how fantastic- you'de have to pay a fair bit of moula to see all the above here in the U.K and they'de be behind fences!!!!!! Cant wait for these experiences!!! Yvonne x

Guest adenick

Hiya, we went with some new friends from PIA to Belair Park a couple of weeks ago and went to the platground there. We had a koala in the tree above us,a kookaburra on the nearby tree and the emus came whilst the kids were in the park. The guys gave food to them so we couldnt get rid of them!! We are in Miner Avenue in Glenalta, give us a shout if you want to meet up sometime, do your 15 yr old and 13 yr old go to Blackwood High as we started our 14 (15 Sept) yr old (Casey)in yr 9 there in March. She wasnt too happy at first because she didnt want to come but is getting used to it now and has some friends. Also there is a Twilight evening at Blackwood Library in a week and she is looking forward to that!!

Guest dunnarunna

LC you should have given me a shout id have brought my rug and tea. Thought id seen something good but someone else (jo) has seen a roo, after almost a year here i still havent seen a wild one maybe today when i go for a walk in there, and you saw a snake thats what paul wants to see but from a very safe distance mind. adenick have sent you a pm.

Hi, yes MM, I was going to text you, but you know me always just that bit late so I just never got round to it :sad:. I think we'll be going next week so if you fancy that cuppa then, that would be lovely....oh and I mistakenly I bought some of those revolting tea bags you like so if you do come you will get a free gift too!

The boys spotted a couple of roos on one of our other visits...the day they went scorpion hunting. Very successfully too!

:wubclub: LC

Guest dunnarunna

:biglaugh: the rooibos wasnt a hit then. It be good to meet up there had thought of going up wednesday with a friend (yes i have another one) and kids (if i can drag them away from computer) so be good to all meet up for a game of footie or some scorpion hunting:shocked:

mm

the rooibos wasnt a hit then. It be good to meet up there had thought of going up wednesday with a friend (yes i have another one) and kids (

mm

No, they weren't! I bought them just before I saw you, thinking they were just decaffeinated tea bags...until I caught the whiff of your one days later...:shocked:

Wednesday would be fab....we have been parking down Saddle Hill Road, but where do you normally go/prefer...share your insider information!:notworthy:

LCx