Visa Granted To The Grants

Guest grants

Guest grants

I don't often post on this site but do read almost on a daily basis but had to share our news that today we have received our acknowledgement letter by email that our visa has been granted. :P:p;)

It is brilliant news but like others the reality now hits home that we really are having to leave friends and family behind and move to a country we have never even been too. Despite that we are really excited.

We still have the house to sell. Had an offer last week which was £30K below asking price so that was flatly refused. The housing market definitely seems to have slowed down.

My other big problem is that my mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer since applying for visa and is in the process of having chemo and radiotherapy. Despite this she has been very supportive of our move and is holding on to the wish to come and see us as soon as she can. Still I cant help feeling guilty about leaving her.

Guest dglamoore

Congratulations on getting your visa Jan & family :D

I am sure you will have no problems selling yourhouse after seeing it!! :o Best of luck with your mum

Lisa:cool:

Guest Django

2.gif Well done on the visa 1.gif

It must be awful leaving what with your mum and all. 1.gif that she will be visiting you down under very soon.:D

Pete

Guest dunnarunna

CONGRATULATIONS! on getting your visa & good luck with the house selling, you wouldnt be human if you didnt have the doubts & fears, i think we all go through that (me most of the time lately)

donna

Guest Jane.Mason

Congratulations

Great feeling but weird at the same time.

We know how you feel with leaving ill rellies behind. My MIL has MS and is steadily getting worse. Good luck with your house sale, we're struggling with our's at moment the housing market in our area has def slowed down.

Enjoy the celebrations tonight although if anything like us we sat in stunned silence and didn't mention the visa at all last night and didn't crack open the Bubbly either, think we were both deep in thought contemplating the next step.

Good luck and best wishes to your Mom

Jane and Andi

Guest Sharmaine

Well done with your visa - I can honestly say I know the feeling.

It's always difficult to leave family behind, when we moved from South Africa to UK we left behind not only parents but grand parents and great grand parents! My mother was hysterical (no I don't mean very upset, I mean hysterical!), yet once she had had a visit and saw that we were happy and that her grand children were settled everything was fine. She even took to trying to get my brother and sister to move here too!

Best wishes for you mother.

Guest mOZzy

how exciting! you are almost there!!!

sorry to hear about your mum though - but they, she sounds very positive so will be visiting you down under soon ;)

good luck with the house!

Guest Aussiebound

Great news about the visa, congratulations!

There seems to be a load of you getting them granted at the moment, have they stored them all up in Oz???

Sarah

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi

The Diac year runs 1/7 - 30/6 Once Diac achieve their allocation of Visa's they stop issuing and Back log Visa Grants to the new financial year. They achieved their target on the 14/6/07. So they have two weeks backlogged. Hope this answers the query.

Jane

Guest ralph n bev
I don't often post on this site but do read almost on a daily basis but had to share our news that today we have received our acknowledgement letter by email that our visa has been granted. :P:p;)

It is brilliant news but like others the reality now hits home that we really are having to leave friends and family behind and move to a country we have never even been too. Despite that we are really excited.

We still have the house to sell. Had an offer last week which was £30K below asking price so that was flatly refused. The housing market definitely seems to have slowed down.

My other big problem is that my mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer since applying for visa and is in the process of having chemo and radiotherapy. Despite this

she has been very supportive of our move and is holding on to the wish to come and see us as soon as she can. Still I cant help feeling guilty about leaving her.

Your bound to feel guilty about your mum, anyone would , but if youve chosen to go ahead , and shes behind you with it then you do it. Once shes better, she can come for a nice long visit .

Congratulations on getting your visa:D eeek bet your minds buzzing.

Hang on in there with the house sale, i know a couple of people who are selling now , to beat the home package thing, not to emigrate!!, and they are having to have one done anyway , as soliciters are advising the buyers to ask for it!!

So i recon that there will be a few people deciding not to bother selling now.

Especially if there homes need a lot of work doing to bring them up to scratch.

Hope so as weve not even put ours up for sale yet!!

Bev

Guest Denise 42

Hi great news about visa, i'm still waiting for mine did put a post on asking the waitng time from when medicals are sent and the feedback was 3 weeks, Been told today from Nursing agent that there is a large amount being dealt with at moment and could be anything from 4-8 weeks. we are all ready to go now, thinking of phoning them up at Syndey

Denise