medical ???????

Guest ice

Hi everyone,

do i just go to my GP and get it done or do you have to wait to be told to get it??????:confused:

you all seem so organized and no wot yr doing, and me well

:P

im in my own world lol

Ice xXx;)

Guest dglamoore

You have to go to one of the vetted panel docs - http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

There know how to charge so worth phoning around a few to compare prices and haggle!! We had ours meds done 6 weeks after application went in so it was all 'front loaded' before our CO requested it to save time :rolleyes:

Lisa:cool:

Good advice from the smack fairy, I thought we would enquire about medicals at about the time I suspected we might be allocated a case officer, and this turned out to be about 3 months too soon.

However after checking out the panel doctors in Gloucester, Bristol & Bath I found that the costs were quite a lot different. Also the doctors in Gloucester could not be seen for about a month, the Bristol panel did not even have a diary so could not give me a date, and the Bath doctors were able to fit us in within a week. However xrays are needed before seeing the doctor, so leave time to get these appointed and done before making a fixed appointment with the doctor.

We finished up having to visit Bath on 2 days running to get everything sorted, (about 100 mile round trip)

It was just as well we went when we did, as they discovered that I had Asbestosis and advised that we obtained a NHS consultants report, as these would be required by the Aussie authorities.

All this about 3 months and fortunately it all came together at about the time we were allocated our case officer, and everything then happened very quickly.

Best of Luck

Guest Keel

ICE,

The nearest to you is Duke Street medical centre near Parkhill in Sheffield for your medicals and Claremont hospital for your x rays.Thats where we used and it cost around £144 for medicals, £44 for bloods and £72 for x rays.I have got tattoo's so my bloods cost a little more.Not sure when you get told to do it.We are going as police officers so we were told when South Oz police would be lodging our visa application so we basically had them done before then.Good luck

Guest dglamoore
Hi Keel,

thanks for info will get on to that today, i got tattoos hope they dont charge per tatt for blood lol,

Ice

Me too and there was just a one off price to pay extra not per tatt :rolleyes: and no extra blood taken they just do an extra test ;)

Me too and there was just a one off price to pay extra not per tatt :rolleyes: and no extra blood taken they just do an extra test ;)

thats brill,

cheers Lisa

Ice:D

ICE,

The nearest to you is Duke Street medical centre near Parkhill in Sheffield for your medicals and Claremont hospital for your x rays.Thats where we used and it cost around £144 for medicals, £44 for bloods and £72 for x rays.I have got tattoo's so my bloods cost a little more.Not sure when you get told to do it.We are going as police officers so we were told when South Oz police would be lodging our visa application so we basically had them done before then.Good luck

im booked in next week:eek:dint take long

happy days to u both,

Ice:D

Guest Keel

You did really well.When I was talking to the doctor they said last year they were doing 30 tests a week, now its near 30 a day! Whilst we were there we were joined by a family of 5, family of 3 and another female.And that was just the hour and half we were there.

You did really well.When I was talking to the doctor they said last year they were doing 30 tests a week, now its near 30 a day! Whilst we were there we were joined by a family of 5, family of 3 and another female.And that was just the hour and half we were there.

wow thats a lot then so i guess im lucky to get in, my police check should b here to fill in tomoro. i just wish i new what date i was going to oz its all a bit scary mary:eek:

how do you no yr going in Dec?

well off for coffee

cya

:)

Guest Keel

Its slightly different for us because were going as police officers.We applied for the job with SAPOL in February and went through the whole process of interviews medicals fitness tests etc.They offered us a job with them and gave us a start date of January.They told us they will be lodging our visa application in August so we just need to be ready with our medicals and paperwork for them.We decided to go december so we can get a feel of the place and have a holiday before we start at training school in January.

We aren't going on the skills assessment like a lot of people.Police officers are different.Quite lucky really because we wouldn't get a visa otherwise!

well best of luck, where in Adelaide u going to live? i keep looking on real estate but it doesnt say whats rough or ok, think i will prob stay at a back packers then try look at areas its more scary going on yr own. im working in care in the community so will be driving all round the metropolitan so not sure of a good location, at least i can feel a bit safe knowing you 2 are around patrolling.

what happens at the medical ???