finding family/friends?

Scousemouse

Hi,

does anyone know how to go about finding old friends/ relatives who live in adelaide? Family have no idea, but are insistant their long lost ones live in SA, ........................

dont know how to access the electoral role, which i wouldve used back i the (y)uk, and the phone book has, of course, a million people named jones!!!!

Just my luck that the family has a common name; or should that read popular

Guest kangomik

Stick with this.

The inlaws have just been over. (again) and found even more relatives here and in VIC. Bloomin scoucers get everywhere!!!!!!!

They all originate from liverpool, i never knew i had so many (Inlaw) relatives, and most seem to be here.

Using old names, and white pages he managed to track them down. Then google earth for distance.

One set emigrated in 1972, and have very little contact with the UK since........ they live 5 mins away in TTG!!!!!!! how close is that!

The wife has just found out one of her great great uncles was hung in the Adelaide Goal in 1932/7. And that was from another uncle spending holiday time in vic last week while doing the family tree!!!!!!! and get this...... he lived in Birkenhead, adelaide LOL.

I am not even going to ask my side of the family.... they had kids upon kids over the years too!

Have a good look, you maybe pleasantly surprised