One year in..........

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

Well it seems like one month sometimes, one year this week, how time fly's when your having fun (well most of the time).

Well its been a sometimes testing year with ups and downs but i guess its how you take the hard times on that gets you through.......dont think that its going to be a smooth ride EVERYONE has hitches, but you have to work through them, we have now all settled as well as we had hoped although we have a long way to go . The kids now say they would love to visit the uk but dont want to live there anymore, we have no doubts that Adelaide (Australia) offers a much better way of family life if only the sunshine lets you spend more time outdoors together, we might as well live on the beach even now when the sea is colder and the weather not so good we go to the beach and walk, swim or just watch the fantastic sunsets......its good to hear 10&11 year olds say " wow dad thats beautiful".

Jac has got a job in the city ...only a month ago now....working in the Head office of Discovery Holiday parks (part of the BIG 4) which she loves.

Well i wanted to give up Roof tiling which i did in the uk , i worked for myself with two employes and had a nice little business, now ive gone back 15 years working for a landscape gardner on half the wages.............dont worry the foreverever optimist isn't winging its just a small step untill i find the direction in which want to head .

Some people are lucky enough to pick up where they left off but its a rare thing so if you also have to take a step back just ride it out and blend into the system then things will come your way.

The work thing stays the same we all hate it but it has to be done....!!! but its good to pop down the beach after work chill and feel that life has some rewards that dont cost a fortune.........we are now heading into the winter and already looking forward to the summer knowing that we WILL have one, so its time for the winter wet suit so me the (wanting to be a surf bum) can perfect the surfing although its taking a little longer than i hoped........:embarrassed:.

We love Australia , although we miss our friends and family something that will never go away:nah:, the hardest bit about the big move.

My two top tips.....dont underestimate the sun.....its a killer............be positive and mix with the positive avoid the winging poms.....!!!!!!:P;)

Guest The Pottertons

I absolutely love these update posts- thanx guys for sharing your first amazing year. You have a great attitude and its an inspiration to us back in the U.K and a real help to get our heads in the right place! Chances are we will have less money and thats if we find a job easily! But acceptance of that potential is always reached easier with the advice of someone whos been there. Hope the next year is fabulous! Thankyou!!! Yvonne x

Guest cunnah10
Well it seems like one month sometimes, one year this week, how time fly's when your having fun (well most of the time).

Well its been a sometimes testing year with ups and downs but i guess its how you take the hard times on that gets you through.......dont think that its going to be a smooth ride EVERYONE has hitches, but you have to work through them, we have now all settled as well as we had hoped although we have a long way to go . The kids now say they would love to visit the uk but dont want to live there anymore, we have no doubts that Adelaide (Australia) offers a much better way of family life if only the sunshine lets you spend more time outdoors together, we might as well live on the beach even now when the sea is colder and the weather not so good we go to the beach and walk, swim or just watch the fantastic sunsets......its good to hear 10&11 year olds say " wow dad thats beautiful".

Jac has got a job in the city ...only a month ago now....working in the Head office of Discovery Holiday parks (part of the BIG 4) which she loves.

Well i wanted to give up Roof tiling which i did in the uk , i worked for myself with two employes and had a nice little business, now ive gone back 15 years working for a landscape gardner on half the wages.............dont worry the foreverever optimist isn't winging its just a small step untill i find the direction in which want to head .

Some people are lucky enough to pick up where they left off but its a rare thing so if you also have to take a step back just ride it out and blend into the system then things will come your way.

The work thing stays the same we all hate it but it has to be done....!!! but its good to pop down the beach after work chill and feel that life has some rewards that dont cost a fortune.........we are now heading into the winter and already looking forward to the summer knowing that we WILL have one, so its time for the winter wet suit so me the (wanting to be a surf bum) can perfect the surfing although its taking a little longer than i hoped........:embarrassed:.

We love Australia , although we miss our friends and family something that will never go away:nah:, the hardest bit about the big move.

My two top tips.....dont underestimate the sun.....its a killer............be positive and mix with the positive avoid the winging poms.....!!!!!!:P;)

great thread Graham!!

Good luck for the next 12 months!

Guest Django

Glad to hear you're still enjoying it here Graham. Winter may be approachong but the skies are still blue and that sun still feels warm.

Let me know when you will actually be in (I know it don't happen much) and I'll pop round with all your stuff I have borrowed.

Pete

when we met up in Rye and both discussed whether we would make it or not and we have now been here for nearly 2 years....well done, keep enjoying yourself and if you ever up this way pop in and say hello, the house is finally finished (for the time being!) Joanne, Rich and the boys

Guest Lisajonesey

Graham,

Brilliant post.

Like most people, I love reading the updates. It sounds like you guys are doing really well.

"...life has some rewards that dont cost a fortune..." This made me smile. Well put.:cute:

Lisa

Guest The Pickles

Hi Graham

What a lovely post... despite it being a lovely sunny day in London, I can't wait to experience what Adelaide has to offer. Thanks so much for sharing.

More please!

Marilyn, Glenn & Louis (age 3)

Flights booked for 29 June!!