No Place Like Home

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

:confused:What a plonker he should be put on mars ,and i dont think he would be happy in stringfellows with a free pass, what was it a whopping $500.00 to re-train , get a life didnt put me off and the program has only got to the first break . Cheers Graham:mad::mad:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH added a little after, was this programme sponsored by the government to stop all the good people leaving...? i think so

Guest Sharmaine

I agree with you, and so does his wife - doesn't matter where he is he will be unhappy. He is living in the past and until he puts that behind him and makes a genuine effort to fit in then he's never going to settle (I had a good job, I had a good job - he's like a stuck record!)

Let him come back - more space for us that want to go.

Can't wait to book my tickets!!!!

Guest graandjac

did'nt see that coming ,:mad:what a to**er he knew that if he winged enough he would get his way in the end he never intended to give it a go.:mad:

Cheers Graham

Guest mOZzy

gosh, that surely describes the term 'whinging pom' eh?:D

did you see all that snow?!?! i won't miss it! (unless for skiing - but we hope to do that in nz!!)

and that poor woman; all of them ganging up against her

i really want to know their reasons to go in the first place :eek:

Guest Aussiebound

We have just watched the programme - had to record it.

What a whinging, whining man!

I said while we where watching it - that poor woman - stuck with him. He'll not be happy wherever he is!

Just compare the picture of them on the beach in England and the beach in Melbourne - We know where we'd rather be!

It certainly didn't put us off, just made us want to go even more.

Sarah

As I'm already in Oz so I haven't seen this programme and can only take a guess that someone didn't like their new life here. I'm also guessing you all think this guy is crazy but until you've actually spent time in his shoes don't judge him.

I've been here almost 3 years, two of which we lived near Brisbane and the last 6 months down here near Adelaide and I'd move back home tomorrow if I could afford the removals and flight's. I am finding it very hard to settle here, our eldest daughter (now 20) and our youngest daughter (now 7) are also unhappy here, they miss their grandparents like you would not believe, our middle daughter (now 15) seems to have settled here but wouldn't be too heartbroken if we said we were returning to UK. We are planning to return to UK in two years after middle daughter (Tori on the kids section) graduates high school. We moved here for a better life for our kids but since arriving they've turned into couch potatoes, they say it's too hot to go outside and do all the stuff they used to enjoy doing, like riding their bikes, zooming up and down the street on their roller-blades or just enjoying playing on the swings at the park. We can't afford to give our kids half the stuff they had in the UK due to the high cost of living here, I find food shopping hard work as fresh food doesn't have a very long shelf life. Electricity and gas are more expensive than in UK too, winter electricity bills are real scarey due to houses having not central heating in them, so you need to buy heaters to warm the house which isn't easy as most homes are open plan.

Guess this makes me a whinging pom too.

Guest Aussiebound
As I'm already in Oz so I haven't seen this programme and can only take a guess that someone didn't like their new life here. I'm also guessing you all think this guy is crazy but until you've actually spent time in his shoes don't judge him.

I've been here almost 3 years, two of which we lived near Brisbane and the last 6 months down here near Adelaide and I'd move back home tomorrow if I could afford the removals and flight's. I am finding it very hard to settle here, our eldest daughter (now 20) and our youngest daughter (now 7) are also unhappy here, they miss their grandparents like you would not believe, our middle daughter (now 15) seems to have settled here but wouldn't be too heartbroken if we said we were returning to UK. We are planning to return to UK in two years after middle daughter (Tori on the kids section) graduates high school. We moved here for a better life for our kids but since arriving they've turned into couch potatoes, they say it's too hot to go outside and do all the stuff they used to enjoy doing, like riding their bikes, zooming up and down the street on their roller-blades or just enjoying playing on the swings at the park. We can't afford to give our kids half the stuff they had in the UK due to the high cost of living here, I find food shopping hard work as fresh food doesn't have a very long shelf life. Electricity and gas are more expensive than in UK too, winter electricity bills are real scarey due to houses having not central heating in them, so you need to buy heaters to warm the house which isn't easy as most homes are open plan.

Guess this makes me a whinging pom too.

Hi

Its not juding him before we have been in his shoes so to speak as the fact that his own wife says he moans about everything, he moaned in the Uk - then said he hates the sun, sea, sand etc - why then move to Australia!

Everyone entitled to their own opinions, especially his wife, who just seemed to go along with what he said for a quiet life.

Maybe if they had researched Australia before doing it - they decided to move and 6 weeks later they where there - they may have thought twice about going.

I'm sure this situation arises a lot and if we are not happy we will return if possible, happy that we at least tried it, but I don't think anyone on this thread was slating him for wanting to come home, just the way in which in carried on.

Hope this makes it a little clearer for you!

Sarah

Im not speciffically attacking him....but many of the things he said make ppl wonder why they chose in the first place....eg Dont like Sun!

It would have helped him if did and research.... resources are easy to find these days.

A decision this bigs takes longer then 6 weeks to decide on.....! He just wanted an easier life, and then couldnt be asked to pay the license fee for his job....!

Dan and Steph

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Im not speciffically attacking him....but many of the things he said make ppl wonder why they chose in the first place....eg Dont like Sun!

he was in the right place if he didnt like the sun!!:(

Guest Leanne & Mark
What have I missed?

Is this a series I should be watching?

Rachel

No Place like home Tuesday 8pm. itv.

Not missing anything, yesterdays was a family returning from oz, but the week before they were returning from cyprus, so i don't think there will be any more on oz!. Plus the bloke was a prat. His attitude toward everything (not just oz) stunk, he was rude obnoxious, and arrogant. He'd been there 4 yrs and refused to pay $500 to get his skills recognized, therefore he couldn't get work. So his good ol' wife worked and he moaned, and moaned, & well moaned some more!!!!:mad:

Got fed up with watching him tell his wife to shut up and turned back to Holby.

Guest dunnarunna

i havent watched the program yet will do tonite but i started the same post on pio & it seems to me everyone is judging the man because he was an ar*e (to his wife etc) not because he wanted to come home like di suggests ( not getting at you di it must be awful being somewhere & not being happy), but thats why they picked him & not someone who was just sad & wants to come home, because he obviously made good viewing, no matter how awful he was.

donna

donna

Guest dunnarunna

whoops put my name twice should of added a few more then i could have gone donna donna donna donna batman! (i know its a terrible joke!)

Guest mOZzy

hi Di! sorry to hear that you are in such an aweful position! i hope the time flies by for you quickly :)

and yes, it was not really about them returning back to the uk - it was just him not being happy anywhere!

and in the end he said his wife was to chose where to live and he'd stay 100% behind her decision! well, he did go back with her to oz; but he did a bit more whinging and she finally gave in after 3 months and they came back .... so why give her hopes in the first place?!?!

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi All

Well watched with interest.

Having been on the other side with Creative Editing and all that like a few posters on here, must say i really wouldn't like to comment. He was obviously unhappy and wanted to return to the UK, His Wife obviously did not. The programme was always going to play this to their advantage and play on the fact they couldn't agree. For all those that move and return there are those that stay. I think everything in these programmes has to be taken with a large pinch of Salt. The producers have a brief to follow, the presenter will have the list of questions to fire up the situation and you will not always hear what the researcher or presenter has asked.

Andi and Jane

Guest ralph n bev

Well,

we both watched the program, what a lazy ,moaning man!

There must have been more to it than not wanting to pay the $500 licence .

Maybe he didn't think he'd pass what he needed to, for it ?

Or maybe he thought if he held out long enough , earning $100 a week , that his wife , or should i say meal ticket , would work even more hours a week as well as cook clean and look after the kids, while he moaned about the heat , sand, and crappy fixing washing machines full time for $100 a week job he had.

Still it was food for thought.

Didnt show much Oz though!

Bev:)

Guest lastboyscout

The main point I kept picking up on was the fact he was moaning about his job over here before he went to Oz, and all through the process of applying for a visa, never once considered he`d made a mistake:confused:

And $500 is a small price to pay for a licence to work, where he would have earned substantially more than he was, and therefore would have had a better quality of life for his family:rolleyes:

But as most of you have said, he seemed a right obnoxious, stubborn git;)

You get nothing for free in this lifetime, whether in this country or abroad, and you have to work for it. He, however seemed reluctant to do any :(

Guest jen&ian

Yep he was a total prat, I can't believe she gave in in the end. She's going to resent him for making her come back for the rest of their days, not a recipe for a happy marriage!

Some people just aren't happy unless they've got something to moan about. It's people like him that give the rest of us a bad name:mad:.

Jen:)

Guest ade&emma

It makes you wonder what made them move to Oz in the first place especially as he doesn't like the heat or the beach!!

I hated the condesending way he told his daughter "your entitled to your opinion too".