Its winter!!!.the heatings on

Guest smit

As the thread says................winters here.........heatings gone on for first time..........a lot earlier than last year!..................Ive also got jeans on, not shorts.Roll on summer..............you know it will come:D

Oh it was wild today! I went out in the car with the kids - got half way to where I was going and thought why have I come out? I couldnt see with the rain and all I could think about was that truck that got blown over yesterday! Dont know why I bothered, but got home safely anyway.

Put a jumper on you big girl ;););)

You're just showing off because you know I haven't got any heating at all.

Jo

You dont need heating.................you always tell me its warmer up north;)

Heating!whats that?After spending all summer dying of heat exhaustion in our rental without aircon,now well die of exposure this winter!Seriously though(we will be out of here ASAP)newbies when arriving really should ensure their rental has these basics,or life will be unbelievably unbearable,believe me.

Yep, it sure has been a windy wintery day today.

Did anyone get to the beach to see the huge waves? I drove through Brighton at 5pm this evening and was fascinated by the massive browny grey waves crashing onto the shore, right up to the rocks lining the esplanade. And can you believe there were a good few surfers risking it all, trying to catch the next big one. In the end the police turned up and this proved enough to get them all out...all but one who struggled on until an ambulance drove down the jetty to his rescue...fortunately he managed to reach the end of the jetty and climb out unharmed. Phew...

Strange to think that just a few short weeks ago I was sitting at that same spot with my Inlaws, marvelling at the calm turquoise waters. What an amazing place we live in.

Guest motlyman
Yep, it sure has been a windy wintery day today.

Did anyone get to the beach to see the huge waves? I drove through Brighton at 5pm this evening and was fascinated by the massive browny grey waves crashing onto the shore, right up to the rocks lining the esplanade. And can you believe there were a good few surfers risking it all, trying to catch the next big one. In the end the police turned up and this proved enough to get them all out...all but one who struggled on until an ambulance drove down the jetty to his rescue...fortunately he managed to reach the end of the jetty and climb out unharmed. Phew...

Strange to think that just a few short weeks ago I was sitting at that same spot with my Inlaws, marvelling at the calm turquoise waters. What an amazing place we live in.

Yep,

Got a call from Lucy to get down and check it out as it was spectacular.

Went straight away.

There was white froth on the path by the jetty where the waves were crashing.

Some waves were touching the walkway on the pier.

An awesome sight and bl***y freezing too.

Cant believe people were trying to surf in it:wacko: lol

Colin

Guest motlyman
It's perfect fishing weather - you should go hang a line off the end of the jetty!

I did wonder if it would be any good for fishing.

The waves covering the end of the jetty kinda put me off a bit:nah:

Colin

I did wonder if it would be any good for fishing.

The waves covering the end of the jetty kinda put me off a bit:nah:

Colin

I've been down Port Noarlunga jetty fishing in some pretty rough weather - it's a lot of fun cos the jetty moves about quite a bit. Might give it a go tomorrow although judging by the pic of Brighton jetty you have posted my face might end up like this ......:confused:

Shaz

Guest Django

My blood obviously hasn't 'thinned' yet as I'm still in shorts and T-shirts. :)

Might try to claim some rent money back though as you certainly couldn't 'entertain' in our ALL WEATHER outdoor entertainment area. :biglaugh:

Pete