Dont forget your...............

sue2oz

Dont wanna put a damper on all you coming over, but a little advise from me(mum of 4) is we have had lots of rain this week and i am so sorry i didnt pack me dryer:sad: or clothes maiden(airer), i had to go out today and buy a maiden and its nowhere near as good as the one i give away :arghh: paid $40 for one today(should have been $60) and it was the best one i could fine.

so if you remember to pack your dryer and maiden you will be laughing when the april showers come, just alittle thing to remember ok;) every little helps!

sue xxx

Guest cunnah10
Dont wanna put a damper on all you coming over, but a little advise from me(mum of 4) is we have had lots of rain this week and i am so sorry i didnt pack me dryer:sad: or clothes maiden(airer), i had to go out today and buy a maiden and its nowhere near as good as the one i give away :arghh: paid $40 for one today(should have been $60) and it was the best one i could fine.

so if you remember to pack your dryer and maiden you will be laughing when the april showers come, just alittle thing to remember ok;) every little helps!

sue xxx

No way.....you lot are having rain!!!!

Guest mayjess

I remember how heavy the rain could get, my mate has just emailed me photos of the storm and the flooding over there! been quite bad hasnt it?

Yep I have to agree take maiden and dryer, Id say take absolutley everything that you use here in the UK, as you will prob use it there also!

Mayjess

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I use my poor old tumble dryer far mor here than I did in the UK on account of there being no radiators to hang those drying things on.

I Dont have a tumble drier, we don't get torrential rain in winter everyday. Most days you can hang washing outside. The maiden (giggle at that word ...never heard it until met my hubby....always called a clothes horse to me) is a good idea. If you have a fairly new drier then you may as well bring it. I have never had a tumble drier and if it is particularly wet then the bigger things like towels goround to the massive driers at the local launderette.

Guest Tina P
I use my poor old tumble dryer far mor here than I did in the UK on account of there being no radiators to hang those drying things on.

Lol - I used every radiotor in the house. Chinese Laundry.

Agree also about Wellies, or Gum Boots !!! Really hard to find for the older kids.

Bring bedsocks, dressing gowns, fleecy pj's and bedding, raincoats.

Tina

Guest redfoxy

sue xxx

Had to buy one !! they were selling like hot cakes from GOOD GUYS. Hoping it will last years as SHOULD only need it a couple of months of the year !!

Here's some piccies of the aftereffects of the rain...:jimlad:

That first photo was taken exactly out the front of the unit we used to rent on the North Esplanade in Glenelg!!!

We saw the photos on Adelaide Now and I recognised the view straight away! We were there for 2 winters and I never saw it that bad, although the day they had a really bad storm we were on holiday in Malaysia and missed it all. Some days though the wind would blow so hard it was difficult to open the front door - and sometimes there would be foam blowing up all over the road. Living right on the seafront isn't all it's cracked up to be, and you are constantly cleaning your windows because everything gets covered in salt spray which rots everything.