Ideas for 6 Year Olds Birthday Party

Guest Fancy a Beer

Guest Fancy a Beer

Just wondered if anyone got any ideas/experiences for a party for my little boy. He wants a pool party at home with 20 mates, in July this isnt really the thing to do, so trying to persuade him with other ideas but they are a little short at the moment!!

Dont really want to do it at home would rather go somewhere! The idea of 20 6 year olds bouncing around my lounge fills me with total fear!! Also not sure of the swimming at public pools thing either to many kids!

Ideas welcomed .............. :D

Adelaide aquatic centre do parties. They cordon off the party area of the pool, provide a host in water for organised games and if the kids are old enuff then they have some water slide time aswell. You can have catering or you can BYO. My son had a June birthday and had one of these. Well organised.

Otherwise if he wants something active, then have a pirate party or some gymnastics clubs like the Y at Walkerville do gymnastics parties.

Guest sjs

We were at a party today for a 6 yr old - not quite sure where you are though we were at beach road at christies beach at the playnfun soft play area and it was a great day. I am sure if you are not near there, there must be other soft play areas you can go to or a bowling alley is another good idea for them at that age.

my youngest had a bouncy castle for her 7th at home. have learnt over the many years that food is a very minor issue to kids at parties and as long as there is some and a little variety, most don't care whether its special party food , i think cos this food is now everyday food for a lot of kids these days......whereas when i was little, crisps, lemonade and fancy birthday cake was treat food. No point staying up all night decorating food to fit the theme. Just have a spectacular bday cake, like a rocket, lighthouse , ship or whatever and plenty to do. The best was when my son's 7th bday cake (a lighthouse) caught fire when the candle for the light at the top torched the card bit at the top to the tune of happy birthday. They thought it was great.

Have you thought of bowling at the village? had my 6 yearolds party there in feb all the kids had a good time and most of it is done for you and the lovely lad there gave us another 10% off just cos OH works in the Barbers at the village.

If his into sport there is a place my friend is doing her boys party and that was really cheap I'll find out where it is and get back to you x

T x

Hi there FAB

As you're over this side of town, you could always investigate the Wacky Warehouse that's over in Newton/Athelstone. It is owned by an expat who came over here about five years ago with her husband, and I went there the other day with my sister in law and her two year old twins so can personally vouch not only for how great it is for kids, but how clean it is inside, with good quality food available (they do platters to share which looked scrummy!) and it's not excessively noisy like some of these places can be.

Alternatively both Golden Grove and Ingle Farm have bowling places which are good especially if you have mixed ages to cater for. There is a state swim place also at Golden Grove which ran water aerobics for my sons' football team pre-season fitness training, so it may be worth a call to them to see if they do any sort of organised parties. It's an indoor heated, not very deep pool so ideal for a group of six year olds (and think there's a fast food place opposite where you could go for food after!)

Enjoy!

Diane

PS for a cake, the Cold Rock does fantastic ice cream cakes - you choose your three flavours and add ins (like crushed Maltesers but don't let me influence you!) and if you give them a couple of days notice they put the birthday childs name on top! Always a favourite in our house, whatever the time of year!