Kids and bikes??

Guest Dawny

Guest Dawny

Just another quick question, Our three kids are very active and hate being in a car any longer than they have too, They also enjoy bike riding,

So my question is do i buy new bikes here in the uk or wait till we are over in oz to buy them, Also do the kids in oz do a lot of bike riding as in going to school on their bikes etc, any info would be great, many thanks Dawn x

If you are shipping your stuff, and the bikes are in good nick and the right size - bring them.

Quite a few kids seem to ride to school.

Wholesale prices of good quality stuff (and the cheaper stuff) have risen quite sharply here recently (as they have in the UK), therefore, so have retail prices.

When we moved a couple years ago, it was pretty similar here or there price wise for quality bikes, and I think that is still the case really - for cheap supermarket stuff - buy it here, tons cheaper.

Also I guess it depends when your shipping will arrive in relation to your arrival and whether you want the bikes soon or can wait.

Guest cbeeb

just remember legally they have to wear helmets round my way loads of kids cycle to school there is great cycle tracks round adelaide and at the weekend whole families are out on bikes. my kids are very active and love it here as so much choice of sports winter or summer. you get to meet loads of people too through the clubs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dawny

Thanks for all your advise, as the kids have out grown their bikes, may well wait till we are safely in S/A, Give the kids something else to think about! Thanks again x

Guest kangomik

the bikes at the cheaper end of the range don't seem to be as good as in the uk. the branded stuff is expensive here. Look on Big W or standish cycles in aus for a price guide.

:Loads of places to ride bikes for the family, with a few skate parks and BMX tracks dotted around.

As said helmets a must, may be worth buying in UK also.