Cheap Tuesdays............

Guest Mrs PHH

Guest Mrs PHH

In case you don't already know, watch the petrol stations on Tuesdays cos the price is reduced. This is definately true forthe Woolies station at Happy Valley, I can't comment on others. We've been told by an Aussie it's because it's pension day on Tuesday's. It's got to be worth keeping an eye on your local prices to check it out.

:):)

Guest mayjess

Yeah I used to notice that about the petrol, also the cinema in the Marion shopping centre used to do a cheap family ticket on a tue I think it was, does anyone know if that is still the case, not there yet but nice to know as for just 2 of us the pics are £12 here in the UK

Mayjess

Guest Libby1971

The Marion cinema has changed its prices and there is no cheap night at all. However the cinema at Noarlunga, near Colonnades still has Cheap Tuesday.

As for petrol, the changes are still there I think but the govt is trying to make sure this doesn't happen. I would love to think it is because of pension day but another story is that the petrol companies want you to top up but early enough in the week so that you have to top up again over the weekend when they push the prices right up. The swing now is not as big as it was when we first arrived.

Anything else cheaper on a tuesday?

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi all, We just come back from a reccie, And I had to laugh , the radio would say were the cheap petrol was , and with in 1/2 hour people would be in a queue waiting to fill up , the question is how far did they travel to get to the station ? and to save how much ? made me laugh thinking about it again . ATB Paul

Guest Nick11

Petrol now seems to be cheaper on a wednesday now - woolies last night had it for a dollar. It goes up on a thursday as historically most people get paid on a thursday here!

Agreed with Nick if you get your petrol on a Wednesday Morning its a couple of cents cheaper again than a Tuesday but if you fill up in the afternoon it goes up by about 15 cents at least, cheapest I saw was yesterday down Campbelltown at 1.03 at an Coles express (before discounts) and no because everyone does it there was no queing.

Julie

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Since I have been here (3yrs) the petrol goes up on a wednesday sometime from lunch to just before school gets out. They put it up towards the end of the week because they can and do get away with it, and because it is getting towards the weekend when more people want more petrol.

The gov and the petrol watch people (cant remember what they are called) are tryin tostop it but unsucessfully so far.

If you watch the price it stays at the inflated level till around late sunday early monday then it starts to come down till wednesday then up it goes again:mad:.

Guest sjs

We have been filling up on a Wednesday now for a while - need to look on a Tuesday never noticed it being cheaper then - I always remember on a Wednesday as the petrol station is full when I go past!

Guest ems

Hey everyone. I always fill the car up Wednesday afternoon in Reynella (think it's a shell garage). It is always cheaper than Tuesdays even Wed afternoons. I get home from work about 4ish then fill up and it's still at the cheap rate, i think it depends on where you are.

Guest Libby1971
Marion still have a cheap tuesday night.... but there is 3 different classes you can go to which are different prices, Gold, VMAX and normal!!

Cheeky monkeys, they told me that all their tickets were the same price all the time. I shall be making further enquiries

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Cheeky monkeys, they told me that all their tickets were the same price all the time. I shall be making further enquiries
I was worried there for a while Libby I like "tight arse tuesday"