A bit family sick

Scozzie

Hi all,

Not really sure where to post this thread, but over the past few days been really tearful and bursting into tears...... I feel really family sick (not home sick), but dont know what I can do, or how it happened. I just feel so isolated and really am missing my folks back home. Its never happened to me before and I really love being in adelaide but getn a bit confused now, why are my emotions playing up like this........ I dont know what kinda advice im asking as im confused myself....... :unsure:

Guest Libby1971

Oh honey, I do feel for you. It creeps up on you or hits you in the face like a wet fish. Alot of us have been where you are, and we do understand.:wubclub:

I found the hardest thing to do was tell anyone. I can't say how long before you'll feel better but it does get easier. I went back 18 months in, and it was great. It was wonderful to know that I missed them as much as they missed me so I didn't feel too bad about weeping and wailing down under when they were too, at least the sun shines here! Don't be too hard on yourself.

Fancy a booze cruise with a lot of lovely ladies who can help cheer you up?:D

Guest cazzie

Hi Gill,

I understand too. It is so hard at times. I have been here 8 months now but cried today as I saw my lovely children and grandson on the video phone. It was only for a few minutes but so emotional. I feel so much better for seeing them and can't wait to see them and my mum in just under nine weeks time when I go back for three weeks holiday. At times, I manage being here really well and feel focused on my studies and my life here and then wham! I feel the pangs of longing and just want to breathe the same air as my family again. I love it here - it's great and as Libby says, the sun shines here. I think coming out here with a young family or with no kids at all would be great, but for me, I can't see myself truly feeling comfortable without my children and if anything happened to my mum, I don't know what I would do. Apart from all this, lovin' it! Some days will be hard, but others will be great. Hopefully, your family will come here and visit you or you can return for a holiday. Good luck with it all.

Thanks guys for you lovely responses and words of wisdom. Felt much better today though had work to keep me busy and stop me mulling so much. My sister had her first baby last Sunday (which was also mothers day here) and I guess that is playing on my mind a bit.

I just really shocked myself and I've never experienced such intense feelings like that. The last thing I want to do is return for good to UK (but a holiday there would be good), its just finances you know?!

Yeah maybe a 'booze cruise' is what I need:idea:

Gillx