Cricket!

Guest Guest3980

Guest Guest3980

Hi guys,

just want to know if there are any of you playing cricket for an aussie side around adelaide, just want to get some contacts cos I love me cricket and will be moving to Adelaide in October.

Cheers, Jon.

Guest gogzthescot

I played cricket last year..but played in the hills league...don't know if this is suits? There are loads of leagues in the city of differant standards. October is a good time to come because the season starts round about then.

I loved it last year made loads of mates and drank a lot of beers :)

Guest Guest3980

Yeah, such a bonus if you play sport cos its so easy to meet people.

Reckon ill be based close to the city so will look up a few clubs around there, you must get a fair bit of sledging from the oppo?!

Do they play the same game over 2 weekends in Adelaide?

Guest gogzthescot

Loads of sledging mate...however i think as a Scotsman playing cricket i bring it on myself. its good banter though, just got to give as good as they give :) They do play over two weekends same as what you will be used to with the odd one day game chucked in there.

I met loads of people playing..everyone generally hang around for a chat and a beer. Good luck to you mate....give me a shout if you have any other questions

Guest mantis88

I joined a team when we arrived last Dec. in Coomandel valley. Most teams seem to have about 5 or 6 grades so you can always fit in some were! I was suprised at the lack of sledging (could have done with a bit more to tell the truth).

Bigest problem is getting used to concrete pitches (look a prat when I wonder down the pitch ever couple of balls to do some 'gardening'), Don#t think they believe I'm a wicket keeper though but a concrete strip in Adelaide acts a bit different to a soggy turf one in Bucks or that was my excuse for some dismal perfomances!

Guest Guest3980

Concrete pitches eh!! Ok if your a quickie then...

Im still in the Uk playing for a club in the Sussex county league, our overseas is an ozzie from Ballarat ( vic ) and he`s constantly amazed at the amount of grass we have here! Reckons the grounds back home are just dirt bowls!! Any grass in Adelaide?? haha

Cheers lads