What do you cook on yours?

Guest kangomik

Guest kangomik

I hope this is on the right place.:policeman:

What do you cook on your BBQ, not the usual snags and steak.:SLEEP:

Someone mentioned cooking clementines as a desert on a Barbie, it got me thinking.:unsure:

So what does everyone else cook on theirs?;)

Guest katsmajic

Veggies in an oven tray n a spray of oil - cook up a treat.

Bananas in alfoil with choc buttons in are good too.

Brekki on the bbq is fantastic!

Fish wrapped in alfoil is good too. especially large fish thats stuffed/marinaded.

Pineapple rings are good on a bbq.

Roasts can be done easily in a webber bbq or a bbq with a lid...i put mine in a tray with water/seasoning/garlic/herbs etc and cover with alfoil...leave on low for a couple of hours then uncover and finish off yum :wubclub:

Prawns...kebabs...

Guest SA Great

Bananas in alfoil with choc buttons in are good too.

Wow thats a new one!! sounds good though. I love beer can chicken where you put a can of beer up the chickens bum (make sure chicken is dead first!!) and cook for 1.5 hours with the lid on....beautiful and moist. The can MUST be open and approx. half a can of beer drunk first.

Guest Guest75

We do roasts on ours - roast pork cooked very slowly is beautiful.

We also have a small electric webber type and we roast legs of ham on that.

Stop it! - I'm getting hungry!:cute:

We did a BBQ Brekkie for some visiting French friends,they both said it was one of the best meals they had ever had.

High compliment from 2 food and wine experts!

Guest Fancy a Beer

We cook all our Roasts on there, infact was thinking of getting one of those electric rotiseries (cant spell it) has anyone got one??? Are they any good/worth the money??

Guest kangomik

cheers guys.

I know what the Brecky BBQ's are, i used to have to do them at our service meeting, 7am for over 15!!!!!

I like fish on the BBQ, but never thought of a roast. The new one arrives soon, so i will have to experiment.

Cheers

Mik

I cooked my turkey at christmas on the barbie! Easiest ever xmas dinner...................

Saw on better homes and garden a recipe for baking a cake on the barbie, looked simple enough...................will give it a go.

Electric rotiseries are fabulous, i got one in bunnings, fairly cheap if i remember right.....great for doing a whole chicken, leg of pork etc...............nice even crispyness, yummmmmmmmy

Guest kerfumph
cheers guys.

I know what the Brecky BBQ's are, i used to have to do them at our service meeting, 7am for over 15!!!!!

I like fish on the BBQ, but never thought of a roast. The new one arrives soon, so i will have to experiment.

Cheers

Mik

It's just a pity you never perfected them!! Is there one next week?

So when is this party we're coming over for? New house, new barbie, just get the James Squire's in and I'm there.

Oh, and I've tried roast duck but overcooked it, but the butterflied lamb does cook up good. Yep we'll have that when we come over,agree to some holidays in August and I *might* even provide it.

G.

Guest kangomik

LOL

I cannot use any forum without you finding me!!!!!!

Needless to say the BBQ has still not arrived in the store, despite a letter saying other wise.

Once its up and running you can come for a feed.

What time off in August?????

Its just like being at work this!!!!!!

Guest graandjac
BBQ Breakfast you can't beat it:chatterbox:

Have to agree with this one ...cant beat it , for me its garlic and chill prawns on the bbq........the best ever.

For prices you cant beat k-mart or Woolies i found and try to get as big a bbq as you can .

Guest kangomik

Well It's built, far to nice to cook on.

Dianne we have one of those, its called a oven and hob!!!!!!!

Apparently mains gas need to be installed by a licenced person. I guess jubilee clips and garden hose won't work.

It came from Kmart and i thought it was cheap, specially with the wifes discount.

They are back up to full price now, but i think they will drop again before winters out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thekings

Wow... I always considered myself as a bit of a bbq wizz, bbq breakfasts, fish in foil, bananas in foil, prawns, burgers etc, but doing a roast sounds brilliant, unfortunatey my bbq has no lid, but rest assurred when we arrive next year it will be one of the first things on my shopping list after my new motorbike of course.