PC software advice....

HEAPS GOOD !!!

Evening all, i am after some help from any music guys out there who enjoy playing about and creating moosic on the PC.:)...i want to know what is the best softare to get to do this?

i am not on about mixin software i am after sampling and starting from scratch...:o

Many thanks in advance.

HG

I made an album with Steinberg's "Cubase" software, but admittedly used it mainly for adding vocals, some 'real' guitar and the final mix. I actually created most of the instrumentation using midi with Powertracks Pro - really cheap software, but was easy to use. I painstakingly created every single chord and note inside the software, but might be inclined to use a midi keyboard next time.

My son says his friends use Propellerhead's "Reason" and he reckons it has it all, including built-in sampled real instrument sounds. I plan to try it soon.

Good luck, rock star!

Bill

I made an album with Steinberg's "Cubase" software, but admittedly used it mainly for adding vocals, some 'real' guitar and the final mix. I actually created most of the instrumentation using midi with Powertracks Pro - really cheap software, but was easy to use. I painstakingly created every single chord and note inside the software, but might be inclined to use a midi keyboard next time.

My son says his friends use Propellerhead's "Reason" and he reckons it has it all, including built-in sampled real instrument sounds. I plan to try it soon.

Good luck, rock star!

Bill

Hey thanks for that, i have abotianed a copy of fruity loops 8 studio edition so am going to give that a try, but god knows ewhen i am going to get that much time on my hands. lol.

Will keep you posted of any new releases :biglaugh:

Hey thanks for that, i have abotianed a copy of fruity loops 8 studio edition so am going to give that a try, but god knows ewhen i am going to get that much time on my hands. lol.

Will keep you posted of any new releases :biglaugh:

It took me about 2 years, 5 evenings a week, to make my album! The follow-up is still a long way off!

• 2 weeks later...

My OH bought Sony Acid Music Studio, with a view to doing some mixing and adding him playing the guitar onto it, but as yet hasn't figured out how to work it.

I'm sure I could make a copy of it for you if you want and you could give it a try then tell us how to work it!