Rain

Guest kangomik

Guest kangomik

Is anyone over the rain yet?:arghh:

Yes i know i am sticking my neck in a noose by even suggesting the following.

But is anyone else over the rain yet?

I feel really sorry for anyone who has arrived in the last 8 weeks. They must be wondering what all the fuss is about.

We arrived april last year, and only saw a little rain by the time mid winter came.

But crikey this stuff seems never ending.

In saying all this i am glad the drought has broke etc etc, but the beginning of the week gave a glimpse of those wonderful blue sky's:wubclub:

Is anyone over the rain yet?:arghh:

Yes i know i am sticking my neck in a noose by even suggesting the following.

But is anyone else over the rain yet?

I feel really sorry for anyone who has arrived in the last 8 weeks. They must be wondering what all the fuss is about.

We arrived april last year, and only saw a little rain by the time mid winter came.

But crikey this stuff seems never ending.

In saying all this i am glad the drought has broke etc etc, but the beginning of the week gave a glimpse of those wonderful blue sky's:wubclub:

Maybe you live in the hills or something! As I recall, most of last week was sunny with mild days and nights. Friday was great, Saturday had a few showers. Sunday, midwinter's day, was brilliant, Monday wet, Tuesday wettish, today OK. It is of course winter, and compared to an English winter, I would say that anybody just arriving ought to be pleasantly surprised at how green everything is. I hung the washing out (under cover of the eaves) on Monday night, and it was dry the next morning. Not bad for midwinter!

Guest ReadyPenny

We are in the hills and everyday I say "surely that Murray must be full by now" the Aussies look at me like I am stark raving bonkers and tell me to pray for more rain!!! Good news is though, I know that the summer is GUARANTEED here and therefore the rain doesn't bother me in winter!!!!

Mandy

We are in the hills and everyday I say "surely that Murray must be full by now" the Aussies look at me like I am stark raving bonkers and tell me to pray for more rain!!! Good news is though, I know that the summer is GUARANTEED here and therefore the rain doesn't bother me in winter!!!!

Mandy

I often look up at the hills from down here on the plains and notice that they are shrouded in cloud, and therefore it is foggy or raining up there. Yet the statistics say there's not much more rainfall in the hills. So is it a kind of drizzly rain that doesn't add up to much, rather than the downpours that are the normal Adelaide rain?

Guest xhaylesx

LOL, we arrived 30th June last year and it rained everyday for about 3 weeks, wondered what the hell we had done, thought there must have been some kind of conspiracy to get people to Oz, pretending the weather was fab. Luckily the winter was very short (colder than we expected though) and the summer very long, and gorgeous.

I am very over the winter already, and :arghh: to being told 'we need the rain' 25 billion times a day.

Guest Nick11

we arrived on June 13th two years ago and we had a rental up in the hills in Piccadilly. For the 12 weeks we lived there it never stopped bloody raining. I can remember crying my eyes out as it took me over 10 days to get the washing dry. As soon as we left rainy picadilly and headed down on the freeway for adelaide - 9 times out of 10 the sun would be shinning.

I swear to god the sun never shines up there!!!!!

Roll on summer!

That area is freaky , woodhouse the scout property is in a valley just beyond Picadilly and it is always rainy there....when the Australasian Jamboree was held there about 6 years ago in January it bucketed it down for the first few days. It is always cold n wet there, more than anywhere else....freeeakkkky.:biglaugh:

Guest ReadyPenny
I often look up at the hills from down here on the plains and notice that they are shrouded in cloud, and therefore it is foggy or raining up there. Yet the statistics say there's not much more rainfall in the hills. So is it a kind of drizzly rain that doesn't add up to much, rather than the downpours that are the normal Adelaide rain?

Hi Guys

Yes it does do the drizzling thing but it also buckets down as well!! Believe me, I can't not notice it, our rental has a tin roof!!! LOL I love it though, when I am indoors to hear the rain outside. What I hate is being cold INDOORS. It is freaky though up here, we left our friends house in Reynella last Sunday morning and it was glorious, we got home and guess what?? Cloudy overcast and spitting!!!! LOL I am told we will reap the benefits in summer when you "plains" people are sweltering and us "hillbillies" are a few degrees short of insanity up here!!!!

Mandy

Guest Nick11
That area is freaky , woodhouse the scout property is in a valley just beyond Picadilly and it is always rainy there....when the Australasian Jamboree was held there about 6 years ago in January it bucketed it down for the first few days. It is always cold n wet there, more than anywhere else....freeeakkkky.:biglaugh:

We lived not far from there. I can only describe the place as like a soup bowl - a mist falls there and it hardly ever goes away.

I was sooooooooooooo pleased when we bought a house in Woodcroft. Going back there now still makes me feel sick. The drive up the freeway makes my ears pop .

Not for me!!!:arghh::arghh:

My mentality towards rain has changed big time since we came here.

As for breaking the drought, there has to be alot more rain before were anywhere near to breaking the drought.

The more the better in my opinion, we know were going to have a summer and if last summer was anything to go by, lets have it !!!

Love the rain, without the rain we would not appreciate to summer, i am looking forward to spring tho.

Guest kangomik

It amazes me that they do not "catch" more water.

The temps are ok compared to last year, though looking at the 7 day forcast does not fill me with smiles LOL

Hi Guys

I am told we will reap the benefits in summer when you "plains" people are sweltering and us "hillbillies" are a few degrees short of insanity up here!!!!

Mandy

Dont believe the ozzies up there. Its too cold when its 20c and too hot when its 28c.:arghh:

Each to thier own, we rented up there, arrived in winter and it was too dismal for us.Didnt move to plains but nearer sea............out of the gloomy winters. Dont get too carried away with the summers..........we now feel it has to be 33/35 to be a good day:). Wouldnt even consider beach until 32C, in UK 22C was beach weather:err:

Dont get me wrong, its a nice place and we have friends that love it up there , just not for us.

Oh, we moved to see and feel the winter sun, in 50ft gum trees , you dont feel too much sun.Anyway , its all part of the learning experience:)