"what If You Don't Get A Visa?"

Guest carters

Guest carters

This is a question that I get asked every now and then and every now and then I get a cold feeling and ask myself that same question.

To be trueful we have no serious plan B, if plan A (Australia) fails, if I had a plan B I would be admitting failure and a doubt about what we are doing.

We will get to Australia even if I have to dig a tunnel through the centre of the earths crust!

Seriously, I am asked this question so often I am beginning to think I should perhaps have a plan B, but as plan B would be second best I don't want one!.

Do any of you have a plan B.

Nikki & Co.

Guest dglamoore

We never had a plan B as we were so sure we would get there some way :eek: Barring something popping up in your meds or police checks I have never seen anyone not get a visa yet :) Can understand your worries though - towards the end of the waiting for the visa we suddenly started to doubt we would get the visa....just another stage of the process I guess :o

Lisa:cool:

Guest carters

Nice to hear its normal to have doubts, I think the further along you get the more you want it. At the start you are half and half, but once things fall into place, like selling your house, You begin to have tunnel vision.

I seem to talk about nothing else and I know I am becoming very boring to my friends and family.

I suppose thats why we all use these forums, to talk to like-minded people, in the same situations, who, like me, can never be bored by talk of Australia and visa applications:confused:.

Nikki

Guest Guest75

Hmmm..It was hard for us to have a plan B as we were so focussed on moving here.Plus through a Govt initiative we were virtually asked to come.

I'd not spread yourself too thinly at the moment and concentrate on Oz.

There are not many other places like Oz.

There was never really a plan B for us either. We were so focused on getting here, we too became bores, talking about nothing else to people we knew.

Remember though, Australia is not the be all and end all in life. Yes, in my opinion, its a better life than the U.K but there are always different options in life, different countries, different paths you can take.

What will be, will be.

J x

Guest ralph n bev

Ive often thought this, and wondered if anyone has ever been refused .

I think thats the reason why our house isnt up for sale yet!

Me being the half empty cup type of woman, and all that.

If we dont get the visa , then our action plan is to carry on doing what we are doing now,

Very well thankyou. Regardless of whats going on around us:p.

2 holidays abroad a year .

Every other weekend away caravaning /camping .

Carry on paying off the mortgage as quick as poss.

We will take on a few Poles , so Ralph can take on more work, which he has to turn away at the moment , and cut back on his personal work load , making the most of all the cheap labour flooding the area.

Then in years to come ,move to the Yorkshire Dales to the barn that we would have converted by then ;) , away from all the sh:mad:t, that would be now rife, in all the major cities.

And grow old disgracefully wearing purple.

Still complaining bitterly about all the immigrants, spongers , and wastes of spaces bringing the country to its knees!

Bitter ,cos all though Ralph and I had done well here regardless , our children felt they have no future here , want to leave us to emmigrate to Australia , the country that wouldnt let us in.

Now isnt there a special visa for older folk , with relatives out there??

Bev:D

Guest stephb

i thought this was a very interesting post! its the question none of us really want to think about it, but it does seem sensible to have some vague idea, for the just in case ;)

i dont have any solid plan, but i do have a feeling that Something would need to change in order to help me see positives in that outcome. i live in london at the moment and dont especially like it here. i think i would probably look to move somewhere more rural, quite possibly coastal. there are some lovely parts to this country which i have not really explored and which hold their own potential. i suppose in any situation all you can do is try to make the most of what you have.

i dont think its unreasonable to tell people who ask you this question that that is unlikely to happen but if it did that you dont fully know, and you would just have to deal with the situation if it arose.

it was interesting, and encouraging, to hear that so few people seem to be turned down. although i suppose possibly people wouldnt want to post to say this if they felt so hugely disappointed (how negative of me ;)). but i think if youve done your research about visas and appear to be eligible it seems very unlikely youd have to deal with this.

the main thing in life i think is to try not to dwell on negatives and just keep looking forward and giving things your best shot :D

Guest Leanne & Mark

we have a plan B (kinda) if we fail our TRA which in our case isn't straight forward. we will sell the house, and go to Brisbane on a student visa, This will be expensive but we try to see and make the most out of oz whilst we're there and if we still don't get visa at end of study. we will come back here use our new found skills to start new career and reapply, 6 yrs later.

and all live happily ever after.

The End. 00020114.gif

Guest ralph n bev

I think the hardest part is the T.R.A. and selling the house.

Once you know your all right with that ,i.m.o. its the med's that's scary , if you've not had one recently , and think there may be problems .

Fingers crossed, unless something has grown very quickly inside me, in the past year, i should be o.k , as i've had to have a full body scan this year.

Coincidentally so has Ralph !!

Not that we are hypercondriacs or anything!!

We were given the opportunity and new we had oz in our sights and thought that at least anything nasty would show up and we could get it sorted here, before finding out with no N.H.S. That was scary . Luckily both were o.k.

I know i'll just have to keep my stress levels down as that makes my heart race and jump about like a ball inside me! Irregular heart beat . I loose loads of weight , with all the nervous energy, so that will sort the body mass index% thing out at least.

As for the police checks , weve both got enhanced ones already , me for the youth offending team , Ralph for works experience kids , he takes on .

I would like to think it was our decision to go or not, i would hate to be told we couldn't!

But life has to go on one way or another .

So we would make the best out of what ever decision was made . We'd have to.

Bev:D

Guest lastboyscout

I`d be devastated if we failed TBH, but not undeterred, we`d just re-apply as Michelle as the main applicant due to her hairdressing skills;)

Well .....This is a question that has been on my mind sometimes.....! If...we didnt get in theres no way im stopping in the Midlands....i'd go to teh coast in the uk somewhere!

When i had high BP at meds, and had to get Cardio done, this qeustion came up alot! When i got the all clear of anything, i tryed to stop worrying about it now! I am just looking 4ward now.....!

Dan and Steph

Guest moneypenny

We know we aren't going to get a visa (Retirement/Investment) not enough cash, but to all of you waiting we wish you the best of luck. No it's not boring reading and listening to what you have to say, hubby and I admire your enthusiasm we only wish we had done years ago what all you youngsters are now doing.

Our Plan B, and Plan C and at our age we need a B and C

B. Gulf of Mexico with our eldest son and his wife and our only grandchild. We can get into

Mexico quite easily. Council tax £60 a year, dustbins emptied everyday and streets washed every night

C. Costa Blanca. Spain. I Don't really want to do this but sometimes we women have to compromise and go along with O.H

We shall continue to read the forums as we shall be over in Oz for a month in October.

Moneypenny

Guest theshearers

If we dont get our visa then for the time being we will stay here as Steve has just been given a 5 year extension onto his 22yr contract in the Royal Marines. We will move from our current location but will still be UK based.

Our plan is for us to go to Oz in 2009 when Steve finishes his 22yrs and he wont do any of his extension but at least if it all falls trhough then he'll still have a job for 5 years at least and we will have a house to live in!!!!

The downside of this is that he will have at least another 2 or 3 tours of Afghanistan to do in this extra 5 years, so hopefully all will go to plan and in two years time we'll be happily living in Adelaide!!

Fingers crossed!!

Heres hoping that all our Plan A's work out!!

Vicki