Scary spider moment.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

:eek:!

I've just been putting a log on the fire this morning.

It was hollow and as usual I tapped it to get rid of any "unwanteds" inside.

Just as I was opening the door of the stove a hoooooge Huntsman spider came dashing out onto the top of the log - looking very annoyed:eek::eek:

I've never shoved a log into the fire as fast in my life.

He should be nicely cooked now!!

Guest donna T

yeuch!

I have been nicely put at ease over the autumn/winter and have hardly seen a thing - I think now that the weather is brightening up a bit, I am going to be in for a bit of a shock! I do hear that they are a bit of a delicacy toasted and tossed lightly in dessicated coconut;)

Tyke,

You do worry me with the spider stories.I'm getting some practice in though.I found a HUGE (well i thought it was) beastie in the living room the other morning.Now usually i would run a mile with my heart in my mouth but no not this time.I calmly got my trainer from the hall,by this point it had turned to face me and i swear it was charging at me testing me.Neadless to say i whacked it that hard i actually hurt my hand.Its a baby step i know but i'm getting there.:)

Guest Django
i whacked it that hard i actually hurt my hand.

The problem is that with the aussie spiders is that if you don't whack them hard enough they will take your trainer off of you and whack you back only harder.;)

Pete

Guest Guest75
Tyke,

You do worry me with the spider stories.I'm getting some practice in though.I found a HUGE (well i thought it was) beastie in the living room the other morning.Now usually i would run a mile with my heart in my mouth but no not this time.I calmly got my trainer from the hall,by this point it had turned to face me and i swear it was charging at me testing me.Neadless to say i whacked it that hard i actually hurt my hand.Its a baby step i know but i'm getting there.:)

Well done!!!!

Don't worry I'll keep to that agreement you asked me for !!!!!!!

:D

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Tyke...I never had you down as a scardy cat type!!!!

But I always say its not the spiders that bother me..had 2 male redbacks in my walkin, one was in my trouser leg! Its the centipedes!! Yuck yuck horror horror!!!! (not enough of those faces on here to show my yuckiness of them!) Dreading september, which is when I had 2 of them in my bedroom yuck yuck yuck yuck!

sarah

Guest Guest75
Tyke...I never had you down as a scardy cat type!!!!

But I always say its not the spiders that bother me..had 2 male redbacks in my walkin, one was in my trouser leg! Its the centipedes!! Yuck yuck horror horror!!!! (not enough of those faces on here to show my yuckiness of them!) Dreading september, which is when I had 2 of them in my bedroom yuck yuck yuck yuck!

sarah

Nah - I'm not a scaredy cat - I just seem to have too many meetings with wildlife.

I've had to kill a couple of Brown snakes before now as well.

It's just that Huntsman are that bloomin' fast - they do make you jump.:P