I`ve found the Ark of the Covenant now.....

Guest lastboyscout

Guest lastboyscout

I`m working my way through the vast array of various beers and ales and will report back with my findings in a while ;)

But at the moment I`d say West End Draught in cans is close enough :biglaugh:

Guest Rob and Clare
WHY?????????????????????????????????????????? :huh:

Carling is widely regarded as nats wee and probarly the worst Larger in europe!!!!

That's harsh.... It's not as bad as skol, Mcewans, XXXX, Fosters, Tennants, Carlsberg, or Heineken...

Guest Rob and Clare
I really do feel like Indiana Jones lately :biglaugh::biglaugh:

http://www.beerstore.com.au/detail.asp?beerID=295

Expensive I know, but I`ve found some at last :biglaugh:

I`ll sit with some cans of this in the park eating my donner kebab from the Myer centre, feel free to shout abuse if you see me :biglaugh:

I've thought about getting a few cans for old times... and it's not quite as expensive as you think when you get about 1/3 more beer... proper 500ml cans rather than the mouthwash tinnies I'm now used too. but it'd have to be a bit of a 1 off treat.

We used to be able to get Carling Premier at the Parafield bottle shop, but not sure if they've stopped brewing it but you can't get it anywhere anymore.

That's harsh.... It's not as bad as skol, Mcewans, XXXX, Fosters, Tennants, Carlsberg, or Heineken...

Apart from skol (do they still make that?? lol) i would take any of the others before Carling!!!!! :)

Heineken is one of the best in my opinion, especialy now that you can only get the export heiny in pubs in the uk!!!

Guest lastboyscout
WHY?????????????????????????????????????????? :huh:

Carling is widely regarded as nats wee and probarly the worst Larger in europe!!!!

When you are a council estate povo kid like myself , then Carling was like nectar :biglaugh:

Better than swigging Spar own brand :biglaugh:

Guest Rob and Clare
Apart from skol (do they still make that?? lol) i would take any of the others before Carling!!!!! :)

Heineken is one of the best in my opinion, especialy now that you can only get the export heiny in pubs in the uk!!!

Ah... Export is a different story...

Dunno about skol, I just remember seeing it on Supermarket shelves next to Jager Larger and ASDA homebrand.

I think in the midlands in the early 90's standard heiny was only available in late night curry houses and nightclubs, just because at that time the tastebuds had quit and gone to bed, so it didn't matter what you drank.

Carling is like Maidens Water,i could drink 5 gallons of it and still not be drunk!Now good old Breaker,or Carlsberg Export...THEM'S PROPER BEERS.

Are you Rab C Nesbitt in disguise? :goofy:

Discounting the premier (higher alcohol) lagers, Carling is my tipple, but I won't be shelling out that kind of money for it when I get out there.

Guest Guest75

Well - I'm off ma face on Cock & Bull Shiraz again tonight.

Between $4.99 to $2.10 per bottle - depending on the daft discount at Dan Murphys.

Although I do enjoy a beer - the red wine is a bargain here.

$94 a carton????

Fer Carling??

I'd be exploring a lot more of the local beers here my darling!

Laugh ?I could have passed the fags around!

If I'd not JUST stopped smoking!:goofy::goofy: