The Dog Can't Come!

Guest carters

Guest carters

My family can't seem to come to terms with the dog not coming to oz. The problem is, nobody we know wants her. She is a 6 year old staffy and it seems so expensive to get her over there. Also it seems impossible to find a rental with a dog here as we are due to complete at the end of august. In Aus I believe it is just as difficult to rent with a dog.

I feel like cruela de vil, I feel cruel, but I feel I am being realistic. The dog will make our life harder and the expense, but on the other hand she is a carter even if she has got four legs and a furry coat.

I can't even bring myself to start to re-home her, I feel cruel and upset just thinking about it.

What shall I do?

:mad:Nikki

Guest Patch

Bring her, I think you will feel too guilty leaving her,

Phone around and get some quotes and see what you can do.

I brought my cat, same reasons as you I didn't know anyone who wanted her and I just couldn't re-home her as she was young. She is fine here, I am glad I made the decision to bring her otherwise I would have thought about her a lot wondering if she was ok.

Hi Guys,

I really feel for you as I had to leave my lab behind but fortunatly my uncle took him on. You know, its not impossible to find a rental who allows pets. My friend has a rental in Hallett Cove and they were fine about it. I've also heard if you offer that little bit more in rent or suggest a kennel outside then the owners might agree.

Also you dog witll have to go through quarintine here which will give you time to find a rental.

Good luck

Judi x

Guest dglamoore

There is a company that advertises in the local paper that supplies rentals for people with pets. Also although a lot of rentals say no pets it is worth asking - ours was no pets but a quick call to the agent and we had 2 puppies :)

Lisa:cool:

Guest lastboyscout

Hi Nikki,

We are in the process of obtaining quotes and they range from £1500-£2000 for our 3 year old staffy.

Its best to shop about and theres plenty of links on Adelaidebound.com, we have also got a quote to fly ours from the quarantine at Melbourne onto Adelaide and delivered to our door:cool:

Guest dale_jo@
My family can't seem to come to terms with the dog not coming to oz. The problem is, nobody we know wants her. She is a 6 year old staffy and it seems so expensive to get her over there. Also it seems impossible to find a rental with a dog here as we are due to complete at the end of august. In Aus I believe it is just as difficult to rent with a dog.

I feel like cruela de vil, I feel cruel, but I feel I am being realistic. The dog will make our life harder and the expense, but on the other hand she is a carter even if she has got four legs and a furry coat.

I can't even bring myself to start to re-home her, I feel cruel and upset just thinking about it.

What shall I do?

:mad:Nikki

BRING HER BRING HER BRING HER BRING HER BRING HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAD A STAFFY AND HAD TO PUT HER DOWN 1 1/2 YRS AGO THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE SMILE OF A STAFFY RUNNING IN THE PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!