Places to visit in the UK before you leave.

Guest bugbabe

Guest bugbabe

Before we leave the UK we would like to visit as many places as possible we havent been to yet or re-visit some places we loved. We have started a list of places to tick off as we go; thought it would be a good idea if people could add to the list with their suggestions so we can all share. Always looking for new places to visit :cute:

So far we have the following places:

Stone Henge

London natural history museum

Shetland

Whitby

Ludlow christmas fair

Sherwood Forest

Haworth

Canterbury

Alnwick

Hi,

not the question you asked I know, but I would try to get a couple of trips to Europe in if possible, several short trips a year around Europe on Easy Jet is what I miss most about being in the UK (if leaving the UK a lot can be classed as somthing I like about it?:confused::goofy:)

Simon

Guest ben&sharon
I reckon -

Windsor castle and Hampton court Palace (if you like that sort of thing)

xx

Windsor! I was bought up there, and I still think it's the most beautiful town in the south of England. And so much to see. :) The only place I miss. xx

Guest ReadyPenny

We didnt visit anywhere before leaving. We figured that, as it is a long way back, we wouldnt just visit family and friends whilst on trips to the UK, we would turn it into a bit of a sight - seeing holiday too.

We left all those places "unvisited" so that we have something to do when we go back, other than sit around chewing the fat!!!!! :biglaugh:

Enjoy all your mini adventures!

Mandy

Barafundle Bay(Pembrokeshire) best beach in the UK you will not see a beach like this in oz!!

Avebury Stones (Wiltshire) amazing history and over a 1000 years older than stonehenge!!

Welsh Castles (Harlech, Carreg Cennen, Caerphily,etc,) truly amazing

Lindisfarene (Northumberland) What can i say!

Snowdon (Gwynedd) either a brisk hike or take the train, best view in uk imho.

Bar Italia (Soho London) You can not have a better example of what the UK is than having a coffee and a slice of cake here, watching the world go by at 2am.

:notworthy:I will miss all these sights and have fond memories of all.

Hmm, some good stuff mentioned so far. We had a tradition of going to Edinburgh just before Christmas each year, so that's high on our list for when we ever visit the UK again. Other places for us are:

Dartmoor

Loch Ness

Kilve (Bristol Channel) for the fossils on the beach

Norfolk Broads

Glastonbury

Peak District

and around the villages of Northants where we lived for more than a decade (but you might not get as much out of this trip as we would!)

Jim

Guest WoodMartin

We're trying to fit in a long weekend to Ireland. Not in the UK, but still somewhere far closer to here than Oz, and somewhere I've never been!!

Also thinking of visiting all the local pubs/restaurants we've enjoyed over the years, for a final meal.

Alison

Guest Guest75

We spent so many good days in the Yorkshire Dales before leaving.

So much to see that we did not have chance to visit places outside of our county.

Would have liked to visit Venice again - some happy family memories from there.

Just visiting now ,one of our fave places is Whitby - and our friend has an apartment there,they have kindly given it to us for a couple of days.

Guest MarkIngram

Scottish Highlands

Edinburgh Fringe (on right now and the place is buzzing)

St Ives

North Devon (my birthplace)

Kendal

St Andrews

so many other places.....just enjoy all you can

Guest heather&dean

Hi

We are doing the same thing. We've decided that we've all got to choose at least 3 places that we want to visit before leaving in January.

We too have Stone Henge, which we're doing next week and whilst we are there we're going to stay in the New Forest for a few days and explore.

We did the Natural History Museum on Monday, it was a great day out, but try to go when it's not kids holidays, because it was packed.

We still have to do the Eden Project.

Enjoy

Before we leave the UK we would like to visit as many places as possible we havent been to yet or re-visit some places we loved. We have started a list of places to tick off as we go; thought it would be a good idea if people could add to the list with their suggestions so we can all share. Always looking for new places to visit :cute:

Stone Henge

Shetland

Whitby

Ludlow christmas fair

Sherwood Forest

Haworth

Canterbury

Alnwick

Guest bugbabe
would also love to go up to the top of Scotland both just to look around.

That's where I am at the moment, in the Isle of Skye visiting my parents. Its wonderful, I can highly recommend the highlands. The landscape and the scenery is fantastic!

And I totally agree with MarkIngram, the Edinburgh Fringe is buzzing!

Guest Obedoh

All the best people are from Whitby and Yorkshire Dales. They do the best fish and chips at the corner cafe down near the pier or if you want to eat in Trenchers.

Would like to have gone to:

Ireland

Stonehenge

Glastonbury

Devon & Cornwall a few more times

Jackie

Stone Henge

Shetland

Whitby

Ludlow christmas fair

Sherwood Forest

Haworth

Canterbury

Alnwick[/quo