Supermarkets in adelaide

Guest MaryPoppins

Guest MaryPoppins

Hi

We are currently living in WA, and were just wondering if the aussies walk around the supermarkets in Adelaide with no shoes on (or shirts in hot weather) like they do here in good old WA! We are hoping to do a reccie in Adelaide in November, and if all goes well to move over there next year sometime. A lot of people said to us that we would feel isolated here in WA, its taken a year for us to find this out and we now want to move back into civilisation!! :arghh::biglaugh:

Guest guest569

Please don't let this turn into an " oz is sooo expensive" whinge thread !!!:biglaugh:

on a hot day and your nipping into the shop or the bottlo why worry about something on your feet ???:nah:

Guest MaryPoppins

Thanks everyone for your comments! We were just curious as to whether it was just a WA thing....but obviously not, I have to say it was a bit of a shock when we first got here, but now OH and son both go everywhere with no shoes on....have to say though we havent ventured out in our jamas just yet though lol!!!

Guest badlands

hi just joined here off to do a reccie in adelaide this sun for 2weeks stayin in hove near brighton lived in perth for 9 years been bac in the uk for 3 months nothin here so takin the wife to adelaide for a look and hopefully move next year everyone seems to say its great over that way and how do i put up my own thread on here to ask questions cant seem to find out how to post one thanks einer and lesley

Guest Rob and Clare
Hi

We are currently living in WA, and were just wondering if the aussies walk around the supermarkets in Adelaide with no shoes on (or shirts in hot weather) like they do here in good old WA! We are hoping to do a reccie in Adelaide in November, and if all goes well to move over there next year sometime. A lot of people said to us that we would feel isolated here in WA, its taken a year for us to find this out and we now want to move back into civilisation!! :arghh::biglaugh:

Not sure moving back to civilisation still counts for Adelaide, but it's sweet here.

I know it's already been commented on but yeah the barefoot thing happens here too, in some areas more than others, along with great big bushy beards and pony tails for men. Whilst I don't understand the laziness of not putting on a pair of thongs (flip flops) it's no big thing either way.

Guest redfoxy
I have seen somebody with no shoes on in Bunnings today! :biglaugh:

I saw someone crossing the road a few days ago in bare feet !!

there wernt a tramp or anything you looked afluent and had designer clothes on !!

crzy

Guest spannaelephant

Perhaps they ran out of money when it got to the shoes to go with the outfit!!! :biglaugh:

I saw someone crossing the road a few days ago in bare feet !!

there wernt a tramp or anything you looked afluent and had designer clothes on !!

crzy

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi

something else to think about our supermarkets are open sundays!