Ok, so for new people coming out here, I thought this might make some good reading. Without blagging other places, let's have ten good things about the suburb you live in.
I'll start with Highbury.
1. Lots of trees and green open spaces - Linear Park is the ace in the hole, but lots of smaller parks too
2. Cables and telegraph lines are underground - looks neater and more modern somehow
3. Good local schools, and plenty of other choices within ten minutes drive
4. Close enough to the City to head there for an evening and for kids' activities, and good public transport in and out
5. Good mix of nationalities - got aussie friends, dutch friends, south african friends, finnish friends, sri lankan friends...
6. Good location for maximum choice of work places - easy reach of City, Port, Industrial places on Grand Junction Road, Salisbury, eastern suburbs, Barossa...
7. Good shops - choice of supermarkets within easy reach and Tea Tree Plaza close by for everything else, as well as couple of nice local shops - an "open all hours" deli, chinese, chippie, pub, restaurant, dentist and doctors all in Highbury
8. Great library locally at Tea Tree Plaza, saves me a fortune on books!
9. Quiet - no major road noise, wake up to the sound of birdsong
10. Good range of housing from posh and new to older-style, means good cross-section of people and no airs and graces
Could go on, but 10 is a good number! Let's hear it from the rest of you....