Gringo's or Montezumers

Guest Nat

Just looking for a recommendation for a mexican restaurant in Glenelg. Out of the two restaurants, which one did you prefer, if you've been to either/both.

Or is there another one (must be in Glenelg though) that you can recommend. :notworthy:

Guest Tracijbc

We went to Montezumas at Glenelg and it was cr@p. Food was rubbish and the staff were rude, so I would say don't go there....:mad:

We also went to Indochine, which was quite good, and we would go back to. All down to what kind of food you're looking for really....

Have fun wherever you choose to go!

Traci x

Guest Mick and Helen
We went to Montezumas at Glenelg and it was cr@p. Food was rubbish and the staff were rude, so I would say don't go there....:mad:

We also went to Indochine, which was quite good, and we would go back to. All down to what kind of food you're looking for really....

Have fun wherever you choose to go!

Traci x

Totally agree after we told the girl on the till what we thought they gave us our money back.

Must add it's the worst place we have been to in the four years we have been here.

Guest Mick and Helen
Montezuma's is excellent. Been to both the North Adelaide and Glenelg location and both are the best Mexican you can get in Adelaide!

I would not like to try the worst, if thats the case.

Hmmm that's really strange to hear, unless the Glenelg location has gone downhill in the last year. Montezuma's is the only place in Adelaide that has authentic Mexican food (although Gringo's is the only one in Adelaide I haven't been to yet), so perhaps you guys don't really like authentic Mexican. I know it's impossible to find in the UK, so maybe our expectations are different.

Thanks for the replies. Not sure if I like authentic or not, just been to mexican's in the UK and really liked them, but saying that, it's probably not authentic, as such. More like the TGI's fajitas and hard rock cafe style.

Although we did used to a nice one in Hythe, but again, not sure if it was UK styled or authentic.

Ok, going to start a different thread on what's your best recommendation for Glenelg restaurants. :jiggy:Feel free to add your opinions to that one.

And thanks again for your other replies. Always good to get recommendations/or not, whatever the case to be. :notworthy:

Guest Tracijbc
Hmmm that's really strange to hear, unless the Glenelg location has gone downhill in the last year. Montezuma's is the only place in Adelaide that has authentic Mexican food (although Gringo's is the only one in Adelaide I haven't been to yet), so perhaps you guys don't really like authentic Mexican. I know it's impossible to find in the UK, so maybe our expectations are different.

Honestly Suzer, it was nothing to do with expectation (have eaten in a lot of great Mexican restaurants including in Mexico). We went to Montezuma's in June last year and it really was a disappointment. The bottom line is, it's a matter of opinion, or possibly the chef and waiting staff on the day, maybe we were all just really unlucky in our choice of days to visit?

In answer to the best restaurant, you would have to go a long way to beat Barendoe on Hutt Street in the City (sorry, I know it's not Glenelg). Excellent food and really great staff. :notworthy:

Traci x