Glenelg restaurants, please recommend a good one

Guest Nat

Looking to have a meal in Glenelg, not fussy what type (well, I did want mexican, but haven't had much luck so far, see other thread).

And just wondered if anyone can recommend a nice restaurant, that's worth going to.

Cheers

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi,

Jacks fish shak is really nice

The Dublin does really good pub grub

Spice - really nice thai food (more of a friday night eat though - not a posh nosh)

The Strand is lovely - does get busy though

There is a mexican, but I've not been there yet.

There are a few good looking restaurants over by the harbour too - they're next on our list to try!

Maybe we should have a new "Restaurant recommendatation forum" so we can review them all!

There are so many places in Glenelg though - from what we've tried so far - you can't really go wrong!

Lisa ;)

Guest Andrew&Ren

Hogs Breath isnt great really and a bit naff.

The Dublin does great food if you fancy a pub/restaurant atmosphere.

The Strand is really good, big menu and good prices.

Kathmandu is lovely and quaint with great food.

Personally my fave place so far to eat in Glenelg is the Good Life Organic Pizza place its lush!!:)

xxx

Guest katsmajic

If youre a veggie i wouldnt eat at goodlife pizza - they wouldnt know what cross contamination was if it hit the in the face with a wet fish!

The other pizza's on offer are pretty good tho :confused:#

The indian opposite (upstairs too) goodlife is pretty good - and mexican is ok too xxx

Guest Rob and Clare

The choice at glenelg is fantastic.

I love going to the italian style cafe's near the tram stop, i think one is the europa but there are others... they are great for a sunday brunch.

Been to the strand and it was nice, but for me only for a lunch.

We prefer going round to Marina Pier area for dinner, from Esca for posh nosh, salt for cocktails and a nice meal or Sammy's, possibly the best fish and chip restuarant in Adelaide, and you get to sit outside over the marina or the ocean. The wharf and the oyster bar are great for a relaxing drink too.

Guest katsmajic

The Watermark/international buffet place is cheap, cheerful, clean, the food is pretty good and for gatherings/big family events its really good value.

Theres a kids playroom at the back. More food and selection - all needs are covered really.