free wi-fi cafe/place in CBD??

Guest fuji70

Hiya

I need wi-fi to get job hunting etc. I am currently in a backpackers and my laptop has gone to dial up speed with pages freezing etc, it's a nightmare.

Does anyone know where I can access free wi-fi in the CBD? Cafes, libraries or what not??

Please help, even this bloody message has taken forever to load :arghh:

You know what? I'm sat here in this fricking backpackers feeling a bit sorry for myself...I put a question on PIA and BAM! Instant helpful replies.......

I feel better already....

Thanks guys! While there's PIA there's hope! :v_SPIN:

I'm in a similar postion - although I recently enquired with THREE about a Dongle and they kindly 'lent' me a trial one. A week later and I still have it!

Anyway, prior to the dongle I got on first name terms with most of the staff at my local McDonalds. Be aware that cibo also offer free wifi (but no burgers)!

Fulwood.....your avatar has made my week. Even if I have just spent 45 minutes and all my phone credit ringing the 3 mobile call centre in India, it all means nothing now!! :biglaugh:

I'll make use of any free wi-fi I can get in the meantime, I have it on good authority from a fellow Mac user that 3 dongles are the way forward. At £25 a month I bloody hope so!!! :skeptical: