How to phone england!

Guest Zako999

Hi all,

Just moved into our house, havent phoned England from a landline yet... had a search on GOOGLE and they all said phone +44 but my phone doesnt have a +.... others said also try 0044.. but that doesnt seem to work either!! could anybody give me some answers on how ou do it!! MANY THANKS!!

:)

Guest guest3462

or if you know you are goonig to be on for at least 30 mins you dial 001844 then drop the 0. Telstra use this to chrge for 30 min blocks so if you chat loads this can work out cheaper

JC x

you can also buy prepaid phone cards from the newsagent or mobile phone shops. To ring England it's around 1/2 cent per minute. You dial the local number on the docket (the cost is just a local phone call) and then listen to recorded message, put in code off docket and then dial your 001144 plus England number with the 0 left off the area code in England. I've used these dockets lots of times and found them very good. Just pick up some info from the newsagents next time there and have a read up about them. Some cards last for 3 months and you can re-top them up or just go and buy another one.

Guest rachinadelaide

We use a pre-paid phone card and we get a really good rate (not sure what it is but we get a lot of talk for our dollars!). Go Talk is the one we use and we bought it from the Post Office.

Be aware that some of these phonecards have outrageous and sneaky costs....my parents bought one which had really good rates for the UK and no connection fee. They weren't told however that there was a 50c per day admin fee and a $1 disconnection fee!!! This was also bought from the Post Office.

I just had Voip connected with Dodo after spending $60 calling a mate in England through Telstra! It's free if you sign up for 2 years, otherwise it's $200 for the box. It connects to the internet but works like a normal phone. Then you pay between $4.95 and $14.95 per month depending on the plan.

It now only costs me 9c for EACH call to a UK landline and I can literally talk for as long as I like! You can also choose to have local and STD calls for 9c each. Have saved a fortune on my bill and i'm loving it!!! Def worth trying out if you want cheaper calls!! :)