Photos of property rentals and sales

Guest MarkIngram

Guest MarkIngram

Just an observation both my wife and I have had and as both of us are quite keen on photography this is something that causes us many cases of laughing fits....

have you noticed just how poor some of the photo's are of house rentals etc? I mean, how useful is it to see a picture of a corner of a room or the tap on a bath?? Is this something that is typically Ozzie or have I possibly spotted a gap in the market for providing proper property photography? Personally I'd rather see what the rooms etc look like as a whole rather than just a random corner shot which could be any of the rooms.:biglaugh:

Mark

Leave UK - 27th Oct

Arrive Adelaide - 29th Oct

Guest hel&sam

no you're not alone, we too have had many a giggle at a crappy photo of someones bed or a window. there is definitely a need for a wide angle lens or something.

Guest the4hopes
no you're not alone, we too have had many a giggle at a crappy photo of someones bed or a window. there is definitely a need for a wide angle lens or something.

If a wide angle was used no none would view half the properties!!! :goofy:

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh:

Very true.

I know there was an interior shot of a house for sale last yea - with a snake basking in the sun !!!!!!

Because there is good demand for rentals agents don't have to put their best work in I'm sure.;);)

Personally I'd rather see what the rooms etc look like as a whole rather than just a random corner shot which could be any of the rooms.:biglaugh:

Yes, but if you saw what the room looked like you wouldn't want the house!

Actually I think it's sometimes poor photography and sometimes a tactic to avoid showing what a property is really like - there are some shockers around on both the rental and for sale markets.

Jim

Guest MarkIngram

I think the funniest one I saw was of a shot of the toilet...and I mean DOWN the toilet....I took this as a hint of what the rest was like...and yes...it was a toilet!!! hahahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Yep we have noticed it too,we arrived at the end of June and looked at many houses in the north east and judging from the photo's we were not surprised that they took shots of random objects instead of full rooms as most of the rentals we looked at were run down and scruffy. We even went to one one evening and it was dark,the electricity was off and the agent was trying to give us a guided tour with,wait for it,,,,'A CIGARETE LIGHTER!'.So yes there are lots of gaps in the market for lots of things regarding estate agents ,particularly the pics and most certainly they need to be able to recognise wether a hous is actualy fit for rental in the first place.

Before anyone has a whinge I mean all this in the most light-hearted way possible,but once you get here you will underastand what I mean.

Guest kangomik

I think there is a lady who does this sort of stuff around the north east, but the owners/agents don't like paying for her talents. You know when she has done the shots thats for sure.

I like the shots of bathroom mirrors, one had the photgrapher in the shot, flash and all, another had just an arm popping round the door holding the camera. And what about those funny angle shots, let alone the phone camera ones fresh with condensation on the lense.