Best time to book a flight?

The Flinns

Guest Nicky&Andy

we flew over in feb this yr , slightly dearer towards the beginning, we flew the 8th of feb, we did book well in advance, as the flights did go up in price, later in feb i would imagine would be slightly cheaper, my advice would be shop around, but if your mums flying on her own, then look for the easiest connections

Guest Here at last!

Generally the early the better for booking flights as it is very rare that scheduled flights go down in price.

My parents are coming in November and booked in January. My mum checked the other day and the flights are now double what they paid.

Sonya

I agree with Sonia earlier the better. I always book Singapore airlines for my mum . She is disabled and the service is superb, just can't do enough. Even take her to hotel for her room until her next flight. The airport of course is spotless. Worth the cost of a little extra sometimes.

Elaine

Actually I know agents always try to get people to book as early as possible, but this year I looked at flight prices for my OH to fly back for his Mum's 80th birthday in July - I looked early in the year and prices were all around $2,000, so we thought it was out of the question.

About a month beforehand I looked again and the price had come down to around $1200 inc taxes, so he did go after all!

There was a bit of a price war going on and we were really glad we hadn't booked earlier!

If there isn't a big group of you going, and you can be flexible with the dates, and if it was me, I'd wait and book nearer the time.

Diane

Guest steph&neil

Hi we have have quite a few visitors since we arrived (9 in 18 months!!) the best thing to do is to check out the different airlines & try to be leaving uk & departing ADL on a Tuesday - they are usually cheaper! other thing worth noting is if you are looking to flight within the UK to Heathrow then get a price for LHR- ADL that is usually cheaper & about 50-70 each way in UK with BA - I know it is lot cheaper with Singapore airlines!!! it is sometimes cheaper but check! - these are the ones our visitors used -British airways, KLM, Qantas, Singapore airlines & Emirates I would check out Malaysian airways as well. We flew back to the UK for a holiday & it cost $5k from Adl - LHR then 400gbp to get up to Aberdeen with BA, it was when the price war was on & we bought the kids fly for free tickets! x

PM me if you want more help - I am travel guru when it comes to finding the best price (Scottish, hahaha) x

http://www.webjet.com.au - this is flight comparison site for flights departing from australia!