TV

Guest MarkIngram

Guest MarkIngram

was reading the other day that there is no TV license required in Oz...of all the things of the monsterous list of things to find out and investigate, it had never even occured to me to check this....can one of you kind people shed some light on this for me?

in just 27hrs we'll be getting picked up by the taxi to take us to the airport....we'll be in Adelaide on Thursday at 9.10am :arghh::biglaugh::err::( (a real mixture of emotions right now)

Guest MarkIngram
yeh you're right, but you wouldn't want to have to pay for the TV you get here anyway!!

Have a good trip

It'll make a nice change after having to pay for a license to watch the utter garbage that's on the TV here!

Guest BAZnDAF

Diane has a very good point.

I watched TV a few times and to be honest its terrible, but then it does give you more incentive to switch the thing off and do something else! :)

We just put it on for a laugh...even the news is made up of adverts !

We've just got our UK stuff over and have got it all working...except digital (do we need to buy an Ozzie dig box ?)...also what about digital radio ?...our Uk one doesn't pick up any digital over here.

Guest guest3462

digital radio has only just started in the last few months here and its on a different frequency to that in UK so your radio won't work unfortunately! You can pick up a digi box at any of the bigger stores for around $100, but really there isn't much worth watching and I definately don't reccommend forking out for foxtel unless you have a soccer mad OH! It is top price for total rubbish!!!

The best thing on tv here is the adverts, I saw one for crunchy nut cornflakes last night that made me laugh out loud, there is definately a difference in the marketing here!

The best suggestion would be to ditch the telly altogether and enjoy this glorious weather.........

If only someone could tell my kids!!!:biglaugh:

Get yourself a recording digi box/media center/DVD recorder etc. and then you can pick the bits you want and watch them when you like - we never watch TV "live", as there's never anything you want to watch when you want to watch it.

The tv is different over here but there's still plenty to watch, just none of the dreary, depressing rubbish you see in the UK (Eastenders, Coronation Street etc.).

J.

• 2 weeks later...