Scared of spiders??

Guest Guest75

Guest seekingsunshine

aaaarrrggghh!my worst nightmare! this does worry me as i would probably crash the car!!! horrible horrible horrible! this is why i spray and 'bomb' my house :)

Guest steph&neil

OMG you know when you know you should look/watch something but you cant help yourself??? I am now worried to go in the bloddy car with the knowledge that they like living in them!!!!! arrrgg We had 1 in the gardens last year - dont mind them at a distance but would not cope if we had 1 in the house!!! thanx Tyke now I dont want to go anywhere in the car!! hahahha (nervous laugh, you understand)

Guest thekings
:biglaugh:

We had one in the boat last week - no where to run out there!

Should have used it for bait Tyke :biglaugh:

At least the guy in the video said they were harmless, I'm going to get me the most powerful vacuum cleaner when I get there though with the longest non flexible hose (just in case) :wideeyed::embarrassed:

Guest jimdundee

hi, im not a huge lover a spiders myself, i have heard of those `bombs` where do i get them from? we move into our rental next week and thats the first thing id like to do.

Thanx

Jas n Caz

OMFG!! He let it walk on his face!!!!!!! Always insist the kids don't leave the windows open - even a little bit coz they can make themselves really flat apparently (the hunstmen not the kids) - when the car's parked, but now I've got to worry about the glove box and the petrol place as well!

Thanks Tyke, I really really mean that! Grrrrrrrrrr.......

PS Now we know why all aussie houses are painted cream - so the hunstman shows up better!

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

I saw a huntsman at work the other day, it only just fit in the palm of my hand, its abdomen was as fat as the last digit of my thumb! honestly thought it was a tarantula first but one of the guys said it was a huntsman and harmless so moved it out side, I work on cars and one of the guys said that a car had travelled from sydney that came to our garage for repair and he was shocked to see a 5 inch funnel web that was very aggressive and actually ran towards them! you guessed it , it got squashed and made quite a mess aparently. so to all other mechanics out there be careful of cars from outer state, seen heaps of redbacks that make nests under cars and in wheel arches. good video tyke. dont know how to attach you tube clips but there is one on funnel web bites or attacks that is a good watch and this guy actually lets it bite his foot, 13mm long fangs SCARY.

Guest Guest75
Thats one thing I'm worried about when I come fishing.....what I can and cant pick up :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I always have plenty of towels with me when fishing - great for picking up uncertain beasties.

Just had to pick up that crab though :cute:

Give us a shout if you are keen on fishing ,I can point you in the right directions.

Plus The Fisheries Dept do have free guides.

Guest thekings

Thanks for that Tyke am keen on sea fishing or any fishing as long as I get to eat what I catch (within the realms of size and quota of course). Am bringing the little amount of gear I've got (3 rods and 3 reels, cleaned, no tackle whatsoever though or weights etc) but will be looking for tackle and tips once settled, oh and a free copy of that guide ;) Cant bloody wait :biglaugh:

My son was really looking forward to fishing but has been really disappointed as all people seem to be catching are squid. He's tried and tried but to be honest there don't seem to be many fish in the sea ...well not compared with most sea beaches we've been to (except UK of course). Any tips for where to try with your rod and which fish are good to eat too ?

Guest Guest75
Thanks for that Tyke am keen on sea fishing or any fishing as long as I get to eat what I catch (within the realms of size and quota of course). Am bringing the little amount of gear I've got (3 rods and 3 reels, cleaned, no tackle whatsoever though or weights etc) but will be looking for tackle and tips once settled, oh and a free copy of that guide ;) Cant bloody wait :biglaugh:

Now and again a spare slot comes up on our boat.

I'll put you on my mental list.

Mainly weekdays - the launch ramps get packed on a weekend.

They will be overflowing tomorrow - it's the last day before the 1 month Snapper ban and perfect conditions - every man and his dog will be out trying to hook one up.

Bring all of your gear if you have room.

Guest thekings
My son was really looking forward to fishing but has been really disappointed as all people seem to be catching are squid.

We love squid, our daughter will eat it till the cows come home :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
My son was really looking forward to fishing but has been really disappointed as all people seem to be catching are squid. He's tried and tried but to be honest there don't seem to be many fish in the sea ...well not compared with most sea beaches we've been to (except UK of course). Any tips for where to try with your rod and which fish are good to eat too ?

Have you fished from the jetties??

You will nearly always pull something out.

I'm partial to catching Squid as it makes excellent bait for several species.

Try for Tommies (Australian Herrings) or Gar fish.

Fish by float ( perhaps a berley pot type) - put just a bit of small lead shot weight below.

Have hooks (size 12 long shank) and 3 feet below.

Use maggots (Gents ) ,put 3 -4 on each hook. Or use a bit of cockle.

Best Gar fish bait is it's own flesh ;)

Fish on calm water days - especially the hour before the tide changes and into that hour.

I also fish for Australian Salmon and Trevally on Pt Noarlunga Jetty when it's too rough for the boat.

Use size 4 hooks with cockle or strip of pilchard or your own caught Tommies.

I'd call into a tackle shop and chat to them.

There is fish out there but it's finding the right time/tide / and so on.bait

The Anglers Choice on Beach Road,Christies Beach are really helpful.

If you mention me (Tyke or Russ the Pom) they will probably fall about laughing.....no they should be even more helpful.:)

Guest Guest75

Back "off" track again.

Caught these the other day - Rock Cod - or Smokehouse Cod as we call em'

Some nasty teeth and attitude but taste lovely smoked.:)

Image166.jpg

Image168.jpg