pingponged?? pingponged??

Guest sadie

Hi,

Have any other poms out there moved to OZ back to the U.K. back to OZ and then realised OZ was definitely not where they want to live after all, would be interested to hear of other's experiences on this expensive venture:err:

we came here 2003 then back to uk ,then back to oz this year still trying to settle not easy though its lovely here without a doubt but,there is always a BUT it just brings it home when your here on what a mess your own country is and why british people dont have the respect for their own country like they do here and how our goverment has sold us down the river,we came here to better our kids future,there is no future in the uk for them the uk is in such a mess you can only make it work if your an immagrant or you dont want to work ,it makes me sad i wish my home land was in better shape:sad:

Guest mayjess

I really really hope this doesnt happen to me,lol, we have come back the UK, main reasons, close bereavement, homesickness, crap job, I could go on, BUT Adelaide is much better than here thats for sure, so lessons learnt before we go back, try to get a job you half like at least, think of Adelaide as home, dont compare all the time OZ/UK, the last one is a defibate no no,

Rose tints off now, Im ready to go back.

Very expensive & stressful lesson

Mayjess

Guest Guest75

Hi Sadie

We have some very good friends who Ping Ponged - the second time was it and it's worked.Cannot see them going back now.

They just needed to get it out of their system.

Guest kangomik

i think some HAVE to go back the once, just for that piece of mind. Going back twice well personally i think you havent'y got a clue what you want, and want the best of both worlds.

It must be very difficult for everyone when you ping pom. You tell the family (probably the main reason for returning) that your going back to be with them, and then after not long you decide it really is not for you and tell them your leaving.

Don't get me wrong, i admire anyone who wants a change, i am just thinking about the others involved (Don't know why coz it's not like me!)

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

Hi all

Why go back to UK? the world is a big place, we have decided to settle here and love it! but if things did not go well then still would not go back to uk, would try America, Canada, Europe, Asia etc etc. you obviously left uk for a reason so why go back, move around until you find a place where you are happy.

Dave

Guest LOOBYLOO
Hi all

Why go back to UK? the world is a big place, we have decided to settle here and love it! but if things did not go well then still would not go back to uk, would try America, Canada, Europe, Asia etc etc. you obviously left uk for a reason so why go back, move around until you find a place where you are happy.

Dave

Totally agree....we're here on temp visa and if it doesn't work out (fingers crossed it will as we love it here) have decided we won't go back to UK but travel on (why did we leave UK if it was so good?).

i think some HAVE to go back the once, just for that piece of mind. Going back twice well personally i think you havent'y got a clue what you want, and want the best of both worlds.

It must be very difficult for everyone when you ping pom. You tell the family (probably the main reason for returning) that your going back to be with them, and then after not long you decide it really is not for you and tell them your leaving.

Don't get me wrong, i admire anyone who wants a change, i am just thinking about the others involved (Don't know why coz it's not like me!)

I feel really guilty about leaving my family back home twice now, and yes if you dont know the circumstances behind our move back and forth, it does seem like I dont know what I want, suffice to say if we hadnt of come back we would of been leaving our son at 19 here on his own as he was determind to go back to OZ, just couldnt do it. Another point you make is having the best of both world's that in part is true and I think having lived in two different countries can end up making you feel unsettled in both and another down side end up splitting you up as a family.