4 weeks in

Guest MarkIngram

Guest MarkIngram

Well, Zoe, Lexie, Poppy & myself have been in the wonderful land of Oz for 4 weeks.

We have met some great people from day 1 and now we're itching to get out of our holiday let and into our long term rental (and getting all our stuff before Xmas).

We came here with no jobs and knew nobody here at all. We are loving it down here by Brighton beach and the kids are enjoying their new freedom as well.

We'd done all our research and factored that it could be 4-6 months before we started seeing money coming into our bank account instead of flying out :err:

but we're amazed at how much we've achieved from nothing....and I start my new job on Monday morning....just got the pain of finding and buying a 2nd car.....harder than it seems.

Well, Zoe, Lexie, Poppy & myself have been in the wonderful land of Oz for 4 weeks.

We have met some great people from day 1 and now we're itching to get out of our holiday let and into our long term rental (and getting all our stuff before Xmas).

We came here with no jobs and knew nobody here at all. We are loving it down here by Brighton beach and the kids are enjoying their new freedom as well.

We'd done all our research and factored that it could be 4-6 months before we started seeing money coming into our bank account instead of flying out :err:

but we're amazed at how much we've achieved from nothing....and I start my new job on Monday morning....just got the pain of finding and buying a 2nd car.....harder than it seems.

:)Its so great to see that your having such a fab time. There have been so many posts recently, full of doom and gloom, that I was getting a bit despondant. You've managed to remind me why we've decided to make the move. Although won't be for a while yet. So keep us updated

Guest MarkIngram

Tina

If I could offer one piece of advice to you it would be....keep an open mind. I read loads of things on here before we arrived...some of it made me laugh, some made me annoyed, some of it was very interesting, a lot of it was sensible and useful advice.....but when you get out here you will gradually find out your things on your own and make your own way.

You just need to be open minded to every possible opportunity - you never know where it may lead. I would also say that if you haven't got a job to come to...when you get here, get out and about and knock on doors....up to 80% of the jobs out there are not advertised. It worked for me.

Keep up the good work guys your doing great...:notworthy:

HG

good news indeed!!

we've almost hit our 4 weeks mark too - guess i should write an update :v_SPIN:

glad to hear the kids love it and that things are running smoothly for you.

bring on the summer :biglaugh:

Guest kangomik
Tina

If I could offer one piece of advice to you it would be....keep an open mind. I read loads of things on here before we arrived...some of it made me laugh, some made me annoyed, some of it was very interesting, a lot of it was sensible and useful advice.....but when you get out here you will gradually find out your things on your own and make your own way.

You just need to be open minded to every possible opportunity - you never know where it may lead. I would also say that if you haven't got a job to come to...when you get here, get out and about and knock on doors....up to 80% of the jobs out there are not advertised. It worked for me.

That has to be one of the best comments i have every seen, especially since you have not been here to long.

Strong mental attitude, i wish you all the best for the future, and what this country will bring to you.

Guest MarkIngram
Well done guys, remember we want an invite to the house warming!!!!! Show us around your new place!!! lol

hahahahahaha....I'll make sure that Zoe designs a beautiful map for you so you know how to get there.

Tina

:jiggy:I'll take any advice offered. We're both very laid back and open-minded,, thats what drew us to Oz in the first place, whilst visiting, we felt so at home, people were so friendly, we kept asking ourselves, do we know them?

Guest Guest75

Wow! - 4 weeks already!!!! That has passed so quickly!

Glad to see things are going well for you.

Looks like things are going ok :)

Good comment on having an open mind - a sense of humour is really needed as well at times:biglaugh:

Hi Mark

It's great to read that all is working out for you and that you've found a job so quickly - and as you say it's so important to get yourself seen by potential employers as lots of jobs aren't advertised. What a relief it must be to have found a job so quickly.

I hope you continue to thrive and enjoy your new lives here...

:)

Great to hear you're enjoying your new lives and doing well.

As for the second hand car there's a dealer on the junction of Port Road and Old Port Road, think they are called Port Road Motors. We got our car from there and it has been/is fantastic. They are wholesalers and so won't barter. An identical car to ours was for sale a little further down the road and was $1500 dearer.

As far as negative posts are concerned I must admit that I was getting a little worried before we got out here. I needn't have. I was lucky enough to find a fantastic job and our two sons, both of who had no real job experience, have both found great full time jobs. In fact, our eldest has managed to get a job working for the SA Government. And we are on the 475 visa that soooo many people have posted negative posts about!

So, as has been said, ignore the negative posts and look forward to making a new and exciting life in this wonderful state. Good luck to everyone who are nearly here and to those who are just starting the process.

Howard.