Sky / Foxtel

Guest themightysaints83

Guest themightysaints83

Is it really worth getting? I'm torn between wanting to watch the football for six hours straight on a saturday night and knowing that most of the other times its full of total ****e that I wouldn't want to watch anyways. Wifey wants UKTV so she can get Corrie & 'Enders - but by the end of the month do you end up watching a repeat for the fourth time? Being a supporter of a League One team - I'd be supprised if they EVER got shown. Is there a lower leagues highlights show on fox?

Your thoughts please :)

Guest WoodMartin

Hi there

We have had Foxtel installed in our rental as we did not feel we could survive on the terrestrial channels, being fans of a fair few programmes and having had Sky in the UK for years. (We have not got the sport options here though, so can't comment sorry. We had them in the UK so we could get the tennis and want to see what channels it's going to be on here before committing or not.)

I just want to say now that we are going out more than we used to, and don't generally sit watching TV all day every day, but do like to watch the programmes that we enjoy when we are in!

Thoughts on Foxtel so far:

• FAR less channels than in the UK, but the ones there are are pretty well the same.
  • Channels 7,9 and 10 are not on Foxtel - you need to be organised if you have a favourite on those or you could easily them!! (She speaks from experience :arghh:)
  • Programmes are the usual suspects - lots of UK and US. Some programmes seems to be repeated two or three times in a day so if you are vegging out for a day the same things will come around again!
  • Weather channel is GREAT!
  • We pay $72 a month for the basic set up - finding it worth it so far. This includes IQ ('Sky plus' equivalent) and downloads from the website ('IPlayer' equivalent).
  • Our box died last week (only 6 weeks old) and was replaced within 48 hours, no questions asked. (Well apart from 'what is your address' and 'what timeslot whould you like for the engineer to visit you'!)

Have you looked at the Foxtel website? It shows all the packages and what programmes are on them - might show you if there is any of the footy you want?

Hope this helps

Ali

Is it really worth getting? I'm torn between wanting to watch the football for six hours straight on a saturday night and knowing that most of the other times its full of total ****e that I wouldn't want to watch anyways. Wifey wants UKTV so she can get Corrie & 'Enders - but by the end of the month do you end up watching a repeat for the fourth time? Being a supporter of a League One team - I'd be supprised if they EVER got shown. Is there a lower leagues highlights show on fox?

Your thoughts please :)

Good god yes!!!!

Cant live without the corrie/eastenders emmerdale fix every night!!!

No league one games - forest were in that league last year and maybe saw one game all season - get more now they are in championship.

But saturday night wouldnt be the same without the footie.

Guest Here at last!

We had foxtel installed at the start of this season as really missed the football.

We don't stay up to watch it on Saturday night though we record the games and watch the next night and stay away from all news so we don't know the results! There are probably about 6 games a weekend on and then mid-week football. I haven't seen any League One games but you do get Championship games and there is a highlights programme on Monday night that will probably do League One.

We don't watch the English soaps so can't comment but a lot of channels sometimes showing a lot of c*** - same as Sky!!

Our box also broke after 6 weeks and they replaced with a new one. You can change packages so if you find you don't watch it you could just downgrade. I would recommend getting the IQ though.

Sonya

We are getting Foxtel tomorrow 24th dec,basically coz the wife needs to her Corry,Eastenders and Emmerdale,and i need my Footy,and Comedy.The telly here is cra.p mostly,and no ariel !,indoor ones are cra.p, picture quality at the mo is cra.p,so looking forward to it.We have got the full package to start with,but will defo be downgrading ASAP,after seeing what we can do without,as it aint cheap.Best of luck,Billy.

We quite like Foxtel. Got it recently. You don't necessarily sit and watch stuff til the cows come home, but occasionally there is some good stuff on. The commercial breaks aren't so bad and frequent I reckon, and if they bug you, record it and watch it later, fast forwarding the breaks! It's also great for football. I couldn't cope without my weekly fix. I quite enjoy getting up at 2.30am to watch it. it feels kind of like when you were younger and you'd sneak downstairs to watch a horror movie when your parents were in bed!

Guest paulbrown85

Hi mate, moving to adelaide in feb/march time, just wondering how your finding dover gardens as it was a place that caught my eye, nice place to live??

Cheers

Paul Brown

Guest BinLangley

I buy the Weekend Australian paper for news but mainly the T.V. guide and looking at what's available on Foxtel I wouldn't bother. Having said that I'm not a footy fan really.

We purchased a T.V. with freeview. There's still a lot of junk on there but it's the cheaper option and there's regularly some decent stuff U.F.C., N.F.L. motorsport and Man v Wild etc. if you like that sort of thing of course.

At the risk of getting you into trouble with the wife, why not find a pub with Foxtel and watch it there.

In my opinion Foxtel is about as good as Sky is, the only realy difference is Foxtel doesn't have the channels nobody watches on it like Sky in UK does. If you're interested in sport Fox show far more Football then Sky including more English Games than Sky but to appreciate these you'd need IQ (Same as Sky+) as they are on early morning and late night.

Some parts of Adelaide get foxtel on cable, others get it via satellite. I first got it by satellite years ago, then got rid of it as the choices were pretty poor. They only took the set top box and left the dish 'just in case'. One year ago I heard they'd increased the channel selection so when they had a 'free month + free installation' offer I took them up on it.:)