Huntsman spider in our bedroom (video)

Guest PhilC

Wife (Riponian) found it as we were getting ready for bed. Although they're quite big, they're relatively harmless and they do eat the other (nastier) spiders, so I generally don't kill these ones - just chuck them outside. This is the second one with had in the bedroom, we 'bombed' the house before we moved in, but I guess these things are so quick the poison hasn't affected them yet.

You do get used to the creepy crawlies after a while, at least once you know what they are.

We found this huntsman spider in our bedroom the other night, so I thought I'd share it with you:

Enjoy

Phil

He is a beauty mate....i dnt think you woul;d have many other insects.bugs in your place with that guy hanging around...Huntya ARE good i hope you didnt kill....him that frowned upon where a Hunty is concerned...

HG

Nope, he's wandering around the front yard somewhere - there's a few in the back garden and I occasionally have to fish them out of the pool, although they do seem to float!

Guest Admar72

Crap! My usual method here in Blighty is a pint glass and a post card and then out the front/back door. Think i'm gonna need a bloody pirex bowl with the Huntsman! Eeeek! Don't like the idea of killing any living creature though.

Maria

Guest Guest75
Crap! My usual method here in Blighty is a pint glass and a post card and then out the front/back door. Think i'm gonna need a bloody pirex bowl with the Huntsman! Eeeek! Don't like the idea of killing any living creature though.

Maria

A Bucket and door mat are the required equipment:biglaugh:

It's only every 6th animal that is life threatening anyway,can't see what you are worried about.;)

A Bucket and door mat are the required equipment:biglaugh:

It's only every 6th animal that is life threatening anyway,can't see what you are worried about.;)

It's the ones you don't see that creap me out.... Definatley need good pest control.

Can't believe there was one in the house my hubby keeps telling me Redbacks only live outside!

Think he will be paying for the pest control guy! :realmad:

Hi ya. All I can say is EURGGHHH

Had to watch that even though it was torture. Also jumped when it moved. Know having to get used to that soon but absolutely hate spiders. Hubbie is going to have to do a lot of killing. I have only just got to the stage of being able to use glass and card and it has taken me nearly 30 years to get that far. i am also bawling my eyes out a that same time when getting ride as hate them moving.

Truly gross

Niki

• 3 weeks later...

He was quite small for a Huntsman. I hate them coming into the house, but we have a few in the garage and we leave them to get on with things. They're quite useful as they feed on all the other creepy crawlies, and unlike a lot of spiders in this country, they are harmless to us.

Our friends had one in their tent recently - nearly woke up the whole campsite :D

:arghh:I can imagine! It takes a while to get used to seeing these things.... Even flies are bigger than they are in England!