Our last night in blighty

Guest Carolandcraig

Guest Carolandcraig

Hi all, well the title says it all. Its our last night in blighty. The last few days have been manic, with packing (only taking bags no container) and repacking twice.Being as we visited oz to activate our visas were not entilted to a weight upgrade. so with a ebay special bag scale weve mangaed to get our lifes into 3 bags weight just under 80Kg (providing the scales are correct). The other important things that wouldnt fit into our hold lugage has been squashed into our hand luggage (only 7kg per person) so if this scale is incorrect then it could be a repack at the airport lol.

All a bit scare but exciting at the same time and where really looking forward to our new life. My two girls are really excited, my eldest recons shes going to have a huntsman as a pet so it will eat all the other spider lol. We dont fly until tomorrow night so a day of waiting around just wanting to be on that aircraft.

Those who have been here will know how it feels, those who havent its a emotion that is hard to put into words.

Anyway enough of my rambleings and look forward to meeting the fourtunate ones that have already made the move, and the one that are fortunate enough to be following us out.

Craig.

I wonder if you will sleep tonight?

Just spoke to my Uncle in Adelaide and he's saying the weather is perfect, really beautiful. Not envious at all as I hear the rain lashing at at window!

Have a good trip down under! WAHOO!

Guest bugbabe
my eldest recons shes going to have a huntsman as a pet so it will eat all the other spider lol. Craig.

Ha ha, must be a boy thing...my son has said exactly the same thing!

Enjoy the whole experience :)

Guest k8bug79

Good luck. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. I feel sick just trying to imagine how I will feel when this time comes for us. I hope its not too far away. Can't wait to hear how you settle into your new lives.:wubclub:

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Enjoy a safe and happy trip,

Of course not, noooo I am not jealous of the sunshine your going to, the whole experience you are having, the butterfly feeling in the tummy ...... :nah:

Damn right I am !! ENJOY every minute of it the waiting is practically over x x

Good Luck to you and your family x

Hi all, well the title says it all. Its our last night in blighty. The last few days have been manic, with packing (only taking bags no container) and repacking twice.Being as we visited oz to activate our visas were not entilted to a weight upgrade. so with a ebay special bag scale weve mangaed to get our lifes into 3 bags weight just under 80Kg (providing the scales are correct). The other important things that wouldnt fit into our hold lugage has been squashed into our hand luggage (only 7kg per person) so if this scale is incorrect then it could be a repack at the airport lol.

All a bit scare but exciting at the same time and where really looking forward to our new life. My two girls are really excited, my eldest recons shes going to have a huntsman as a pet so it will eat all the other spider lol. We dont fly until tomorrow night so a day of waiting around just wanting to be on that aircraft.

Those who have been here will know how it feels, those who havent its a emotion that is hard to put into words.

Anyway enough of my rambleings and look forward to meeting the fourtunate ones that have already made the move, and the one that are fortunate enough to be following us out.

Craig.

Good luck, and safe journey see you on the bright side...

HG

Guest needtogonow

OMG, loved this post as we will be following you in late March and will be experiencing all your same emotions.

Good luck to you and watch out as there might be a strange, round, orange thing in the sky you might not recognise!

Bex.x

Guest kangomik

Aww the best bit is about to begin. All the best for the flight, i think its forcast rain next week, so bring the sunnies shorts a tee's and the thongs (you will get used to that one) it's forcast 1mm of rain so no worries.

Good luck with the huntsman, if they are lucky they find a blue tongue lizard to keep the other things away (only joking)

Have fun and a safe trip