Ive just wet my pants.....Oops!

Guest JayBone

Guest JayBone

I have to say,

We got our visa on 7th Jan, and since then it has been a manic rush to get the move rolling......

Now im back at work with lots of time on my hands it has just sunk in!

Ive been so busy that ive forgotten to get excited by it all!!

Now though, i just want to wet my pants with excitement, I have wanted to do this for so long and it really is happenning.

I hope you are all up for alot of BBQs and parties with me and my wife Karen, cos we do like a good get together most nights, weekends, afternoons and mornings.....:jimlad:

P.S Karen has just entered the world of PIA, she is Karen@Bella, (she thought the @ sign was the & sign...lol), Bella is our dog, and also Karens best friend seen as i abandon her all the time to work.

Looking forward to meeting you all :jiggy:

I have to say,

We got our visa on 7th Jan, and since then it has been a manic rush to get the move rolling......

Now im back at work with lots of time on my hands it has just sunk in!

Ive been so busy that ive forgotten to get excited by it all!!

Now though, i just want to wet my pants with excitement, I have wanted to do this for so long and it really is happenning.

I hope you are all up for alot of BBQs and parties with me and my wife Karen, cos we do like a good get together most nights, weekends, afternoons and mornings.....

P.S Karen has just entered the world of PIA, she is Karen@Bella, (she thought the @ sign was the & sign...lol), Bella is our dog, and also Karens best friend seen as i abandon her all the time to work.

Looking forward to meeting you all :jiggy:

WooHoo :wacko::jiggy:it is very exciting and it just gets better, wiat til your at the airport thikning hols smoke here we go were really doing thia...enjoy the ride and hold tight as its one hell of a roller coaster.............:err:

HG

i didn't get excited till closer to the end either - just like you: too much to do :goofy:

but do get excited! it makes it all even better :jiggy:

so? have you booked your flights? shippers in?

date set?!!?

Guest markbevjake

Jon

Hi there, had visas for a few months as the wife wanted to have one last Christmas in the UK as the dustbin lid is only 4 and as a bonus we also got some snow so that worked out well really.

Flights were booked just before X-mas. Notices handed in first thing after New Year. OAA booked and received (still waiting to hear). House sale completed and shipping packed on the same day ( I don't recommend this BTW) and moved in Uncles who has no central heating.:arghh:

Much as yourself really, with everything happening at a break neck speed I've had no time to think. Had a leaving do with a few mates in Dublin over the weekend, whilst on my own on the open top tourist bus (nursing a very very sore head). It was at this point the whole thing hit me like a shovell:goofy:.

Strange really, as I got quite sentimental about Dublin and weekends away with the mates rather than my locality in Wolverhampton (mind you it's apparently the fifth worse city in the world according Lonely Planet).

Only 3 weeks until we fly and still loads to sort out, so gone back into panic mode.

Best I've felt is when waving goodbye to our container, I could have driven to the airport and jumped on the plane to Aus there and then.

Think I'll start to get excited when works out the way, some money is transfered, some money is stashed with the magic leprechaun at the end of the rainbow (well if you think I'm putting it anywhere near those bloody bankers you can think again) and I start buying sunglasses:cool:, sun lotion and a good book.

So to confirm then Jon, you are not on your own.

All the best and maybe see you out there.

Mark

Guest JayBone

First shippers in yesterday, 4 more to come by the end of the month.

Got a quote we are happy with for shipping our dog

Finally got my head around the import of our van

And tonight have just looked at flights, the first time i have ever selected 'one way' on a ticket! weird! - We're treating ourselves to business class too, its not everyday you move to OZ after all!

If the house doesnt sell by August we are still heading out then, most probably arrive on 17th August, if im still paying my UK mortgage i think we will be living in our campervan for a while...but thats the ozzy dream really!:P

At least we know our dog will be welcome in the camper, not like most of the rentals :nah:

So, anyone for a barbecue on the 18th August, come rain or shine, meet you at Glenelg, expect to see me in my shorts and t-shirt showing off with my thick English blood! haha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Graham&maria

Hi Jon,

I was just browsing the forum and noticed this post you made, were also from sunny Hull, congratulations on your visa mate....(No relation to a Chris Selkirk are you??)

Guest Graham&maria

Yep thats right mate I went to school with 'your kid',

We've been living in Canberra for the last 2 years but are looking to move to Adelaide towards the end of the year where my wifes family are born and bred.

Good luck with your planning, I might see you at Glenelg but since Im already climatised, in I'll be wearing a jumper mate, and dont worry about living out of your camper, our first 3 months were spent living in a trailer tent, was some of the best times of our lives.