Rugby League

Guest cliveost

Guest cliveost

Hi all,

Are there any Pro Rugby League teams in Adelaide I have done a search but cant seem to find any. There are plenty in the other states (Melbourne Storm, Sydney Roosters etc) but cant find any in SA.

Also are matches shown on everyday tv or do you need satelite/cable.

Thanks Clive

Guest martin77

I don't think Adelaide has any kind of pro rugby team to be honest. The sport doesn't seem to be played much in SA from what i have seen. AFL is the sport here, personally i hate it.

They do show some rugby on normal TV, not sure how much though. Shame.

Guest Guest5035

yaers ago there was a franchise, Adelaide Rams, but it went bust and theres never been another team here. There was a Sydney team playing here last year , decided to call adelaide home for 1 match a year for 3 years!!. Pay tv is the way to go to watch NRL, free tv have 2 or 3 games at the weekend. If you like your rugby you'll love the State of Origin, Qld vs NSW, awesome rugby.

Stevo

yaers ago there was a franchise, Adelaide Rams, but it went bust and theres never been another team here. There was a Sydney team playing here last year , decided to call adelaide home for 1 match a year for 3 years!!. Pay tv is the way to go to watch NRL, free tv have 2 or 3 games at the weekend. If you like your rugby you'll love the State of Origin, Qld vs NSW, awesome rugby.

Stevo

I only knew that as I have friends in Salford who are very keen followers of the 13 man code. There is some union played here I believe but it's not a long flight if you want to catch the odd game over in Eastern States.

Soccer (agh) is on the up here but I know many people who don't publicly admit it as it is often ridiculed by AFL fans. Plenty of NFL on free TV though :)

Cooler

Guest cliveost

Stevo

Thanks for the reply.

I have read about the Rams and was hoping there would be a replacement for them by now.

Have watched State of Origin on Sky over here in the UK. Sky have the rugby league sown up over here only Challenge cup matches on ordinary tv so 2 or 3 games a week on free tv will be good.

Shame there is no local club to support though :sad:

Clive

Guest martin77
Thanks for the reply.

I have read about the Rams and was hoping there would be a replacement for them by now.

Have watched State of Origin on Sky over here in the UK. Sky have the rugby league sown up over here only Challenge cup matches on ordinary tv so 2 or 3 games a week on free tv will be good.

Shame there is no local club to support though :sad:

Clive

You'll just have to come over to the dark side and support United. As much i as i hate liking a team that plays in Red.