Snowing............again!

Guest Damien

Just got home after trying to go to work today. Snowing again so no work for Damo! Still, could do with the time off as SO much to do. Can't think why I'm moving to Oz in 2 weeks :jiggy:

I've never known so much snow, bloody global warming :mad:

Guest JoTanCalOwen
please don't tell me this - I am returning to the UK in a fortnight to see family and I am going to Freeze!!!! :arghh:

Ahhh, not sure how long its going to be about, so far here NW its not actually sticking as such :huh:, so not too bad, but coming from your climate to ours sorry to say this but Yup, your gonna (feel the cold) freeze, :arghh:

UK and World Weather Forecast: radar, severe warnings, and more - weather.co.uk to give you an idea this site has ten day weather forecasts

Guest angiestaff
Ahhh, not sure how long its going to be about, so far here NW its not actually sticking as such :huh:, so not too bad, but coming from your climate to ours sorry to say this but Yup, your gonna (feel the cold) freeze, :arghh:

UK and World Weather Forecast: radar, severe warnings, and more - weather.co.uk to give you an idea this site has ten day weather forecasts

lol that's why my mom is arriving in adelaide for a 2 week stay just over a month after leaving in jan.....she def' has the winter blues lol

ange x

County Town, Trowbridge! Well, just outside in Southwick...hence eagerness to move!

Takes ages to get anywhere and I'm looking forward to reduced travel times. Drove 545 miles last week and took me 5 hours to get home from Ely!!!

The hope of Emigrating is keeping me sane! :)

At least you only have 2 weeks! soooo green with envy...though we are in the very early stages so have a while to wait.

Good luck with the move

Every day I've worked this week it has rained in the afternoon, so I've put all my wet stuff in the car, then tried to dry it out overnight. Lovely. I have a bucket of rust instead of tools. I think I'm developing trenchfoot!

Can't think why I want to emigrate............

12 days to go - woo hoo!

Guest kangomik

Damien mate i reckon it hasn't really rained since just before Christmas. We have had one or two showers, maybe 10 mins tops. If you see the blue background on this page and the various blue bars around it, thats the sort of colours we have in the sky most days.

We have a cure for trench foot, and trust me i know what you mean my feet where terrible in the UK working outside. The cure is called "Thongs" or you could go "bogan" if you preferred the biggest extreme is "beach sand" which is a funny substance found near the water's edge around the big pond. Your feet should be sorted in a matter of months mate, even if it is autumn when you arrive ;)

Don't forget the sun screen (factor 30 min) especially at work, and a shaded hat (neck protector) and some new sunnies.

Now what do i miss about working in the UK?????? ummmmm

Guest Guest75
Damien mate i reckon it hasn't really rained since just before Christmas. We have had one or two showers, maybe 10 mins tops. If you see the blue background on this page and the various blue bars around it, thats the sort of colours we have in the sky most days.

We have a cure for trench foot, and trust me i know what you mean my feet where terrible in the UK working outside. The cure is called "Thongs" or you could go "bogan" if you preferred the biggest extreme is "beach sand" which is a funny substance found near the water's edge around the big pond. Your feet should be sorted in a matter of months mate, even if it is autumn when you arrive ;)

Don't forget the sun screen (factor 30 min) especially at work, and a shaded hat (neck protector) and some new sunnies.

Now what do i miss about working in the UK?????? ummmmm

:biglaugh:

I had to actually wear some shoes the other day - along with socks.

Felt really weird:goofy:

You won't miss those grey skies will you Damo?

It's funny no matter where we Brits go it always comes back to the weather!! :)

Just a shame I have to wait 5 months to get some guaranteed sun!!

Going to Egypt for 2 weeks - at probably the hottest possible time, but at least that should give me a boost to keep me going for a little while :)

Lets just hope we get a summer in the UK this year!

Guest gabriel
County Town, Trowbridge! Well, just outside in Southwick...hence eagerness to move!

Takes ages to get anywhere and I'm looking forward to reduced travel times. Drove 545 miles last week and took me 5 hours to get home from Ely!!!

The hope of Emigrating is keeping me sane! :)

At least you only have 2 weeks! soooo green with envy...though we are in the very early stages so have a while to wait.

Good luck with the move

Hi Sears Family

I am new on here we are from Sunny Melksham!!Half way through our application!

We know 8 sets of couples from Melksham out in Adelaide!It can't come quick enough I tell you!!

Trudy

Wow...Looks like a mass walk out!!

At least you will have some friendly faces to see when you get to Oz!

We're going to the Emigrate show next Saturday just because it feels like we're doing something constructive! :)

We are in the mind set it will be 2013/14 when we actually move so must be patient :(

But all the better if we win the lotto tonight and get moving quicker :)

Do you have any kids?

Von

Guest gabriel
Wow...Looks like a mass walk out!!

At least you will have some friendly faces to see when you get to Oz!

We're going to the Emigrate show next Saturday just because it feels like we're doing something constructive! :)

We are in the mind set it will be 2013/14 when we actually move so must be patient :(

But all the better if we win the lotto tonight and get moving quicker :)

Do you have any kids?

Von

Ha!Ha! We're always banking on the lottery!

Yes Have 2 kids - Gracie 7 & Gabriel 4 ! Im 37 & hubby coming up to 40.

We went to DownUnder Live show in London a few weeks ago we were there half an hour!But we did get told some valuable information from the Lady at the SA Government stand!We were at the stage wher we had to cough up some more fees to our agent - bu the lady at SA stand told us we could apply for state sponsorship on line & then apply for our visa online this info has saved us £800 at the moment! We paid & used our agent for the TRA stuff - but our trying to do the rest ourselves at the moment. Hope it all goes well at the Emigrate show you'll be buzzing when you come out! chat soon

Trudy:o

That's a good point! Not sure I'm brave enough to go it alone, going out to the group has anyone else completed a State Sponsorship / Skilled migrant app themselves?

Any advice / key things to keep an eye out for!?

Would be good to save some pennies! :)

Hope I get some good advice next week - has anyone else been to Emigrate Expo?

We have 2 kids too, Brandon 11, Jennah 7. I'm 32 and my OH is 33.

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes!

Von x

Guest Guest75
Kind of got off topic here...sorry chaps :)

Consider your hands well and truly smacked then!! <from the biggest off - topicer going:biglaugh:>

Long as it is not spam or spats:o