Dentist work - Root Canal in Adelaide

Guest C&Z

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has had Root Canal dental work in Adelaide. A few weeks ago I visited the dentist and was told that I needed this done, stupidly I didn’t ask the cost (thinking it would be expensive but not overly) and went ahead with the first part of it. When I went out to the reception to book the next two appointments I got my bill of $270, ok I thought thinking the next two appointments would be the same. The Receptionist then presented me with the cost of the next two bits of the treatment - $1750! I nearly had a heart attack.

I come from Jersey which is a very expensive place to live, we don’t have the NHS and Doctors an Dentist are really expensive but the last time I had Root Canal it was about £500. This seems ridiculous to me. Has anybody had this procedure done cheaper (without Medical insurance)?

Cheers

Claire

I've had a lot of dental work this past year due to a fall, and the endodontist I go to, Dr Daniel Farmer at Adelaide Endodontists on North Terrace (thumbs up), quoted me about $1500 for a root canal, had I needed one, which I didn't. I'd also say always get a 2nd opinion, preferably from an endodontist, when getting any major work like this done in Adelaide (although I know this is after the fact for you).

I had some done last year - I think it came to about $1200 in all - at about $300 a visit. If you haven't had the rest of the work done, you could look at these guys: Dental Fees, Dentist Fees, Dental Costs, Dentist Costs, Dental Prices, Dentist Prices - they have one in Adelaide I think. Not used them myself but read about them on another forum and they seemed to be ok.

Guest katsmajic

My mum had one done here last year - at beach road dentist - was shocking...$1500 over 4 appointmernts

she was still suffering with it and was recommended to got to cliff avenue - a small practice - the dentist had to take the tooth out as there was so much infection under it and into mums eye socket...

he charged her $75

needless to say we go to see dr bob now - he's fab with kids too.

Thank you so much for your replies. i have had another temporary filing put on (another $60) which should last a couple of months, so this bides me some time to have a look round.

Katsmajic - sorry where is cliff avenue please?

Thank you.

Claire

Thank you so much for your replies. i have had another temporary filing put on (another $60) which should last a couple of months, so this bides me some time to have a look round.

Katsmajic - sorry where is cliff avenue please?

Thank you.

Claire

Hi its Katsmajics better half lol.

Cliff Avenue is in Seaford....have a check in the UBD

HG

• 3 years later...
Guest RoseT

My husband needs some major dental work and we're not very financial. We need someone good who won't charge a lot.

Thanks!

We use a guy in Woodcroft ..he is great with kids..not a rip off merchant and a dam good dentist. Pm me if you want his details.