Great Day on the Big Pond!

Guest Damien

Guest Damien

Well, been here a few days now and what a way to settle in! Went out in Tyke's little tub today - man what a boat and a great skipper too :Randy-git: Oops, wrong smilie, try this one :notworthy: (the first smilie is for Jean Genie!)

Anyway, we caught a few leatherjackets, KGW and baby snapper at the first mark, then I broke Tyke's 18 month virginity with the 1st flathead on his boat - no spiking me this time! Next stop at Stanvac Barges Tyke enjoyed catching a double header of baby snapper while I filled his freezer with slimies, I discovered a great new bait for these fish but you have to have a heavy cold ;) - they loved it!

Last mark inshore before coming in we started hammering the KGW, I managed a double header which just shows how bloody jammy I am.

Final tally of fish taken was 8 KGW, 2 leatherjacket and one good flathead. Bloody good feed! Also a load of slimies for bait and loads of released baby snapper - good sign for the future. Tyke seems to be an expert at catching these :biglaugh:

A really good day out in great company - Tyke you are a star! Your boat is just beautiful and a sign of what we can all aspire to Down Under if you work hard. I know you appreciated the gesture of contributing to the cost of the day but believe me, I was more than willing to cover all of your costs for such a great day out - thanks mate!

After 2 fishing sessions and three flatheads Tykes reckons I need a name change on this forum to Flathead - what do you think?

Damo

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi damo,

Am sure you can find another name other than flathead ... sorry but I think it sounds a bit insulting lol.. maybe just me ...

Sooooooooooo glad you had such and awesome time with Tyke out in his boat, ya never know more of the same to come (am sure :jiggy:)

Another good time for a pom who has recently landed .. goon on ya

Tanya

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh:

No worries mate.Great to be out on the salt with you :D

Thanks for chipping BTW - always appreciated on such an expensive hobby.But where else can you have so much fun! ;)

The nickname for Flathead is Lizard so best stick with the first one.

BTW - I must have taken a hit from that Flathead's poison gill covers - I have a very small cut on a finger but it's F@#$%^&g stinging!! - Cant even pick my nose!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Gday Tyke.

Well been busy on the boat, compleatly rewired the trailer with LED lights, Got all the gear sorted for it, put a fresh 12 months rego on the boat and trailer and now reading up to do my licence.

Couple of questions for ya

(1) Where would be the best place to get the motor serviced ???

(2) What would you recomend on a fish finder?

Guest Guest75
Gday Tyke.

Well been busy on the boat, compleatly rewired the trailer with LED lights, Got all the gear sorted for it, put a fresh 12 months rego on the boat and trailer and now reading up to do my licence.

Couple of questions for ya

(1) Where would be the best place to get the motor serviced ???

(2) What would you recomend on a fish finder?

Hi Matt

LED'S are a lot better.

For servicing there is a company I've heard of down here in the Londsdale estate somewhere. I think it's this place - heard it's busy so you need to book well in advance.

Southern Outboard Service

Shed 7 11 Chrysler Rd, Lonsdale SA 5160(08) 8186 5111‎

No experience of em' - I'm locked into a 3+2 servicing deal with Mercury.

I'm using Hodge Marine on Grange Road. They know their stuff + it's a small and personal firm.

Fishfinders are a real personal choice.

I've heard that importing them from the States can be cheaper.

I've a Fishfinder /GPS combo from Hummingbird. It's OK but I am going to get a dedicated fishfinder eventually.

Lowrance are a respected brand and Garmin get a mention.Furuno as well

Go for an easy use one with not too many gadgets to start with.

Look for the highest power RMS and good pixel count for the screen.

Has to be easy on the eye in bright conditions.

Have a look through the electronics section in Strike and Hook - some good info .

Good luck:D