6 weeks in and a yearning for 'english' sausages - help!

Guest rachinadelaide

Guest rachinadelaide

My parents are 6 weeks into their 3 month visit and have confessed today that the only thing they are really missing is the english style sausages (better not tell my sister she didn't feature on their 'what we are missing' list...!).

Both hubby and I are vegetarian so are completely useless in the buying meat department so I need help.......

Where can they buy sausages to satisfy their craving...?

Thanks in advance!!

Rach

Guest Lauren & Alan

Hi there Rach, I notice you are both vegetarian. Myself and family are too, so just wondered if you are able to get hold of QUORN over there? We eat it alot here in UK.

Many thanks

Lauren

#

My parents are 6 weeks into their 3 month visit and have confessed today that the only thing they are really missing is the english style sausages (better not tell my sister she didn't feature on their 'what we are missing' list...!).

Both hubby and I are vegetarian so are completely useless in the buying meat department so I need help.......

Where can they buy sausages to satisfy their craving...?

Thanks in advance!!

Rach

Guest cbeeb

coles do pork sausages in their butchers range that are 80% meat. my husband is fussy and he asays these are closest. like you i am veggie so cannot vouch for them but they are not as fatty or smelly as the aus ones

Guest Aussie pat

Don't forget some of the old fashioned independent butchers shops as they do some nice sausages. We buy ours from one of the butchers in the Central Market. Their mince is also all topside with no rubbish thrown in and you can really tell the difference.

Try woolworths 'British sausage company' cumberland or pork ones. They are very similar to 'english style' ones. They are Australian made etc but come pretty close to the ones I'm assuming your parents want. I only tend to buy these ones and they are nice.

Guest Django

In Southgate Plaza there is an English butcher that sells english pork bangers. Everyone that has had them raves over them.:v_SPIN: I can't speak for them myself as I also don't eat animals. ;)

Guest Here at last!

Try Central Market, I have bought pork sausages from two different stalls and both have been really good.

The first one from a large stall in the centre of the market and the second stall is on the Grote Street side towards the Coles end.

Hi there Rach, I notice you are both vegetarian. Myself and family are too, so just wondered if you are able to get hold of QUORN over there? We eat it alot here in UK.

Many thanks

Lauren

#

You cant get Quorn over here at the moment :arghh: did get word from their website that they are trying to import into australia so watch this space :jiggy:

Jo

Guest rachinadelaide

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions - I will make a list and they can work their way through all of them.....

I've been feeding them lots of vegetarian food and I think they have had enough!

Rach

Guest rachinadelaide

Many thanks

Lauren

#

No Quorn here yet.... I use a lot more lentils and chickpeas in cooking here. As we BBQ a lot I have started a collection of great burger (or pattie) recipes and of course halloumi is wonderful on the BBQ...!! Sanitarium make a product which is a vegetarian chicken style fillet - they are nice and might satisfy the Quorn cravings...

Rach

Many thanks

Lauren

#

Hi,just for your information,the following company import veggi food from the UK,no quorn as not allowed in ,but Redwood products and others.We have used these for years very good service you order and it is deliverd next day in chiller box,hope this helps

Vegan Perfection - pure indulgence for healthy living

Guest kangomik

slade and son's do a good sausage, found in foodland and a few other outlets i think.

At the moment english and Epping seem to do the trick, though i do prefer italian.

This is not a biased opinion just because they sponser my son's soccer team;)

These are mainly pork, the beef sausages over here are not the best tasting:confused:

I have heard local butchers do some good stuff, but not sampled those yet.

Guest Lauren & Alan

That's good to know, thank you, I do buy from the Redwood range here too. I am hoping with all the fresh local produce I will be able to go vegan much easier than I find it here. Great to see some others veggies on this site. We were worried maybe the only ones lol!!

Hi,just for your information,the following company import veggi food from the UK,no quorn as not allowed in ,but Redwood products and others.We have used these for years very good service you order and it is deliverd next day in chiller box,hope this helps

Vegan Perfection - pure indulgence for healthy living

Guest allie
That's good to know, thank you, I do buy from the Redwood range here too. I am hoping with all the fresh local produce I will be able to go vegan much easier than I find it here. Great to see some others veggies on this site. We were worried maybe the only ones lol!!

lol my hubby is a veggie and really misses the mighty quorn! he does make up for it with all the amazing tasty veg available :) there are def lots of veggies around!

• 2 weeks later...