Devastated

Diane

Well, after coming back from an incredibly relaxing holiday on Thursday night, our beautiful little aussie cat was hit by a car and killed outside our house last night, just hours after we'd picked her up from the cattery. We are all feeling absolutely devastated. She was such a lovely little thing, came out for walks with me and the dog, really affectionate, totally sweet and we are all in real shock today. Don't know what to do with myself. How on earth anyone deals with the death of a child I don't know, it hurts so much when it's a pet.

Guest Guest5035

i know how you feel, i lost my dog to old age.....................still off you go this morning the the AWL and get yourself another one .Its the best form of therapy, please don't get another from a petshop.

Stevo

Guest mollyolly

I'm sorry to here that, when you are ready go to the r.s.p.c.a shelter, we have 2 cats from there and the are lots looking for a good home like yours

Guest katsmajic

We lost our beautiful english cat on the road last year, it sounds fickle but we did go to the rspca and picked up a pretty little princess, shes not a replacement, shes softened the blow and given us distraction...

animal welfare league do animal cremations if you were interested - not overly expensive either.

its a horrible thing xxxx

Oh no, I really feel for you. It not your fault these things happen and I have to say we have just adopted 2 little fur balls from the RSPCA and they are great. Hopefully you will have courage to get another one when you are ready.

Have a lttle memorial if it helps say your goodbyes and pics of the beloved cat are a great.

Big hugs

Thanks everyone. She was from the AWL and I think we will get another one - can't imagine the place without a cat around. I remember when I rang them up and said "have you got any grey kittens?" and they said, very disapprovingly "Madam, it's about the character of the cat, not the colour!" - we were so lucky that in her we had both!

We've just had a burial service for her in her favourite spot in the garden, and planted a memorial plant for her.

Thanks again for everyone's cvomments, they are very much appreciated.

Diane

xx

Hi guys. Just to let you you know that we have taken over a rental and the previous tenants left their cat behind. It's black and white, really soft, and in need of a home !!! we have been in contact with the estate agents but they have not yet sorted out anyone to collect her/him!!! Yes we are feeding steve (thats the 1st name that came into my sons head) but do not want to look after another pet now we are in Adelaide.

SO PLEASE HELP STEVE FIND A NEW HOME.

P.s it belongs to this rental as we have asked our neighbours.

Guest Admar72

So sorry to hear of your loss Diane & family.

Having been through it ourselfs we know how devastating it is to loose a pet. When we had to have our 15 yr old staffie put down it was heartbreaking to say the least. We knew that we could never replace her (and in actual fact her ashes are down at southampton waiting on a vessel so she can be with us in Oz) but less than a month after her going we were at the rescue centre and bringing home Loala. She was definately a tonic after all the sadness.

Maria & Adam

Thanks all, for your comments, I still keep tearing up at the slightest thing and it's really hard to turn your mind off at night and sleep at all. I think we will get another kitten at some point - unfortunately (as I'd love to help out otherwise Ashby) it will probably have to be a kitten as we have a dog too and it's going to be a gradual process getting her used to another cat (Smudge used to just ignore her most of the time, or pretend to run when Bonny chased her!) and when we got Smudge I wasn't working as much so it was a lot easier to get her settled and established while I could be at home during the day. OH reluctant to let us have another one too, as he hates the emotions we all go through at times like this (and doesn't want to have to dig another hole!)

Oh Diane, I am so sad to learn of your loss. :(

I guess like losing any member of your family, it is all about giving it time...but I agree that it might help if you can go and rescue a new cat that needs the love and stability of your loving home.

How is the dog taking the absence of her friend?

Many hugs and positive thoughts to you all.

:wubclub:

Caroline