Anti British feelings

Guest Fat Boy Fat

Guest Fat Boy Fat

It is a long time since I posted anything on here but I have an honest question to ask. What is with the anti British feelings you sometimes get on this site? a couple of examples I have seen are UK put as yUK and now a thread about removing the union flag from the corner of our national and I assume state flags.

England was once a fantastic place to live I was proud to call myself English just as I am now proud to call myself Australian. I don’t think I will ever understand why it is so unfashionable to be born English. The welsh and Scots have no trouble with their identity.

Let us not forget the people who are not as lucky as us and have the chance to restart our lives in this great country. Let us also not forget the people we left behind or insult them by running down the place that gave us the qualifications we all needed to get here.

Guest kangomik

I take it you have not been back for a while?

Most of those Qual's are not recognised over here, but i agree you do need them to start the process.

There are some brilliant people, they tend to be friends and family and that's why they are brilliant. Not going to get into politics.

The country is beautiful, and i will always be English but let's be honest it's gone to the dogs.

I didn't see the flag question as being anti-British in any way, just something that is regularly debated here in Australia, along with the "should we or shouldn't we become a republic?" - I was never particularly unhappy living in England, but can objectively see its faults and credits, same as Australia's/Adelaide's - some things are better there, some here. When I was living in England, funnily enough there were times when I felt really Australian (my boss used that as an explanation for why I was so opinionated!) but living here there are times when I feel excedingly British - go figure!

Guest Guest5035

England was once a fantastic place to live I was proud to call myself English just as I am now proud to call myself Australian.

Think you answered it all there .;);)

Stevo

Guest moonraker1959

And lets not forget some people are lucky to have returned to this great country,the UK.I spent 30 years living in South Australia,and returned to the UK 10 years ago.To the poster who said the UK has gone to the dogs,I live in Wiltshire and I don't know anyone out of work,there is low crime,no gangs patrolling out streets,its clean and beautiful,shopping is varied and cheap,the weather is perfect(has'nt rained for 2.5 weeks now,we need some!)I could go on,but maybe its gone to the dogs where you come from in the UK but where I am it has'nt.

I am very very proud to be British..just not very proud of what is happening to my country!

Spot on....and must admit, turns me off big time from reading posts referring to the Uk bing yUK....pretty childish IMO...

I have dual nationality now...and am happy to have that. Paid alot of money to get it! :D

Guest kangomik

Moon raker you say the same thing every time........ there's more than one county mate, go walkabout see what other places are like...... your lucky to live where you do and thats great.

Let us also not forget the people we left behind or insult them by running down the place that gave us the qualifications we all needed to get here.

I am in regular contact with alot of people back there and tell you they all come from various walks of life, and they seem to have the same opinion as myself.

Me personally am glad to be out of it and make no effort to try and hide it, and if some people cnt handle that then thats there problem....

I had some shocking news from the yUK this morning a girl of 23 had a dispute with some lad, he was harrassing her so she reported him to the police, the cops did nothing he kept harrassing the poor girl and her young family the cops still did nothing.

Lo and behold her house was set on fire burnt down late friday night early Sat morning, she lost 2 kids 5yrs and 2yrs and is in hospital with another kiddy of 8 months.

BBC News - Boy arrested after children die in Buxton house fire

So when i make my own opinions there is usually a bloody good reason for it, if the UK was so rosy and such a nice place to live why do so many people leave, and why do so many people wish they could leave.

I have a bro in law who now refuses to be posted back to work in the UK due to its demise.

Were all entitled to our opinions and we promote it and welcome it on the forum, there will be occasions where some things upset certain people but thats life and it happens day to day, in the workplace, home wherever.

HG

Guest moonraker1959
Moon raker you say the same thing every time........ there's more than one county mate, go walkabout see what other places are like...... your lucky to live where you do and thats great.

Since leaving Adelaide I have travelled the world,thanks very much!What does "Gone to the dogs"mean?I moved to Adelaide in 1970,and I have seen many changes in that time.So if I said to you "Adelaide has gone to the dogs,would you agree?I doubt it!Oh well I suppose some people have to say "Gone to the dogs"either because they lived in a crap place in the UK or to justify their reasons for moving 10,000 miles away.You what what really irritates me?Some people might call the UK a ****hole.Why not actually say "Where I live in the UK is a ****hole"not generalise it like its crap everywhere.It would be like saying "Adelaide is a ****hole"just because there are some suburbs that are!Crazy!

I had some shocking news from the yUK this morning a girl of 23 had a dispute with some lad, he was harrassing her so she reported him to the police, the cops did nothing he kept harrassing the poor girl and her young family the cops still did nothing.

Lo and behold her house was set on fire burnt down late friday night early Sat morning, she lost 2 kids 5yrs and 2yrs and is in hospital with another kiddy of 8 months.

BBC News - Boy arrested after children die in Buxton house fire

Oh of course...nothing like that ever happens here, does it?

Only last week...women shot dead in Sturt in front of her kids...

Last year, an old age pensioner murdered and her body mutilated and dumped...

Women stabbed to death recently in her home, in front of her young son...

Um....shall i go on? Don;t think there is any need.........

Foolish to thing everything bad happens in the UK...and everything is hunky dory over here...........

Guest kangomik

Moon raker, what does the UK produce, what future has it got, how happy are the people that live there?--- it's gone to the dogs.

You went back whooppee dooo. at least it meant someone else could get in Aus.

Travelling the world is not travelling the UK. I too have been fortunate enough to travel further than skeggy and wales......... it's why we left!

If you are fortunate to have a good life in the UK, your a very very lucky person. If you are fortunate to leave the UK and have a good life you are extremely lucky...... and bloody happy

Oh of course...nothing like that ever happens here, does it?

Only last week...women shot dead in Sturt in front of her kids...

Last year, an old age pensioner murdered and her body mutilated and dumped...

Women stabbed to death recently in her home, in front of her young son...

Um....shall i go on? Don;t think there is any need.........

Foolish to thing everything bad happens in the UK...and everything is hunky dory over here...........

Buxton Population

30,0000 approx

Adelaide population

1,2M approx

Large urban zoned areas of London

12M approx

You do the maths.!!!!!

HG

Buxton Population

30,0000 approx

Adelaide population

1,2M approx

Large urban zoned areas of London

12M approx

You do the maths.!!!!!

HG

Never been one to go by stats etc...........just facts....bad things happen everywhere.....i think there is alot of crime here...just doesnt get as well reported as it does in the UK...it has to get past the footy first!

Don't get me wrong...glad we made the move to Australia...did it for my kids and its worked for them......but I also want my kids to be proud of where they come from...and fortunately they are........even now...5 years on...

Just think its wrong to keep dissing the Uk like you do...that's all...it seems you grab any opportunity to do so! There is alot wrong with the UK...thats for sure..but also alot wrong over here as well....

I don’t think I will ever understand why it is so unfashionable to be born English. The welsh and Scots have no trouble with their identity.

I am proud to be Welsh, always will, never forget your roots, makes you who you are, we loved Wales but wanted an adventure and see a bit of this big world, We are settled here in Oz and think our lifestyle is so much better with more of an outdoor life, Oz is definately our home now, but we'll always love Wales too, you are allowed to love both mind, your not deserting one life for another it's called exploring !!!!!

Just think its wrong to keep dissing the Uk like you do...that's all...it seems you grab any opportunity to do so! There is alot wrong with the UK...thats for sure..but also alot wrong over here as well....

I have my opinions of the UK through my own personal experiences...hence the opinions that i have come to....

And the fact that i was NOT born there and have a large proportion of my family living elsewhere may well have a big part to play.

Never been a passionate Pom...i have different colour blood running thru my system...

When my dad ( god Bless ) turned round to me on his death bed just days away from leaving us whispered into my ear, do whats best for you and your family Martin you know it makes sense, that was enough for me.

And that great man served queen and country, and here he was telling me we just had to go.!!!!

Thats was enough....we lived in a lovely little village in the heart of Gloucestershire so we were by no means living in a ****hole....

I aint going to fall out with anyone over it we ARE all entitled to our opinions, just wait til the World Cup and the Ashes.....woohoo

We will have to agree to disagree.....:wubclub:

HG

Well why don't we all just admit both Countries have their good points,and their not so good points,same as anywhere in the world.Since when was a kid England has indeed gone to the dog's in my opinion,but a lot of that is to do with society in general, and politics.It's not England's fault!I am English and proud as hell to be.:wideeyed:

I've been in South Australia for more than 20 years now and to be honest I've seen lots of changes that I dont like - so who knows, maybe this country is going to the dogs too, I've been back to UK numerous times and enjoy it, I also have times when I feel so homesick that I would go back there and live - but my roots are here as my children have grown up here and have families of their own. Still I would never make comments about the UK the way some people on this site do, maybe UK is the lucky country to be rid of some of them and their views.

Jenny

Guest kangomik

If you think SA is now with the dogs, take the holiday specs off next time you visit the UK.

Or maybe you think SA is going to the dogs with all the people leaving the UK and arriving here........ when did you say you came?:wideeyed:

I will never rule out a return to the UK....... but i know why i left...... and it hasn't got any better since i left.

I gave my opinion, I didn't say SA had gone to the dogs and I dont need to be told by the likes of you to go back to the UK so please dont be so offensive thank you. Yes I've been here a lot longer than a know all like you and my opinion counts as much as any of you newcomers!!!

Jenny

Guest Guest75

Any really personal messages for Fat Boy Fat?????

I'm meeting up with him and his unusually lovely Missus tomorrow for a coffee/beer.

Want me to scratch his eyes out /slap his wrists/chastise him severely and so on???

I've got to say that he and his Mrs are the most settled folk here I have ever met + Plus I am envious of his terrific job! - I mean ...he gets paid to do that!!! :notworthy:

Great thread ;) Looks to be in no need of those blooming moderators!!!