first Q of lots probably!!!

Cannons

Hi, our family is due to be arriving in Adelaide towards the end of july if the house sale goes through fingers crossed, and with my wife being pregnant with our third child i was wondering if anyone could tell me the names of any equivelant shops to Mothercare, Babysrus so we can start having a look at car seats and cots and stuff.

Also anyone got any good sites for second hand cars?

Thanks in advance, Derek.:notworthy:

Guest mOZzy

congrats on your offer!!

it's getting exciting now

there is babies'r'us over here too; and also a shop called Haggle baby

will think of more ...

There are loads of baby shops but it is difficult to look on-line as online shopping is not the same over here. Each week plcaes like Big W, K Mart, Target and Toy's R us have different specials on. You cna also hire baby capusuals for the car ratehr than buy them.

If you don't mind second hand then their loads of charity shops selling loads of basics from high chairs and pushchairs.

I can also recommend Baby & Kids Market - THE biggest range of preloved Baby & Kids goods under one roof. they are brilliant you can get all your basics, sterlisers, clothes and more.

Good luck

Michelle

Guest saraho

hi i came over last june and was heavily pregnant i thought it would be simple and id be able to check out all the baby stuff online its different to over there its so much easier to just go in as every week they have sales on i found that baby target was the best and thats were we ended up gettin our pram and car seat, i found it cheapeer to buy my own and sell it on when she outgrew it rather than hire 1, do you no were abouts you are lookin at movin as i see you have kids same age as mine x

Saraho - We have provisionally booked a house in Port Noarlunga and will book it properly once our house sale is comfirmed, also heard that the local primary school has quite a good reputation, maybe meet up once we get here it would be good to get the kids mixing to make new friends quickly.

Everyone else - Thanks for your responses i'll take a note of all those shops and my wife can add them to her big book of lists.

Cheers Derek

Hi Derek and Jo,

We hope to see you soon.

You have a few suggestions for the baby sites already (but I would recommend that you make use of the speciials leaflets in the mailbox when you get here....you can often get 50% off!)

For the cars...take a look at www.tradingpost.com.au

There is also the government car auction which is every 2 weeks. It's in Transport Avenuue, Netley and they sell cars with around 60,000 km and + - 2 to 3 years old. You can view and bid on the web.

Used cars are really expensive here. If you just want a basic but brand new car then Kia have the Rio with a 5 year unlimited km warrantly for around $13,000. You may get a good deal on a used car from someone on this site...maybe someone who is leaving? Certainly worth a try.

See you soon.

Tamara

Guest saraho

hi yeah that would be good however thats a fair way away from were we are however if we are dwn your way or you are ever up near us would be great t meet up, good luck wiv it all hope it all goes good i no how stressfull it is and even more so for your wife bn pregnant