Where did you look for help and information on your move to Australia

Guest Fly Away

Guest Fly Away

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering where you all looked - apart from this great site - when you were organising your move to Australia?

Me, I generally used this and several other forums and googled a lot of things.

I believe there are migration magazines available - Australia & NZ mag to name one. I didn't use them, are they a dying breed in the internet age?

If you found something particularly useful I'd be interested to hear about it.

Thanks for your help! :wubclub:

Guest nishman

One of the many emigrate to Aus books and the australia emigration newpaper. The latter led to a penpal letter, which in turn led to us finding the on-line forums. The rest is history...

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering where you all looked - apart from this great site - when you were organising your move to Australia?

Me, I generally used this and several other forums and googled a lot of things.

I believe there are migration magazines available - Australia & NZ mag to name one. I didn't use them, are they a dying breed in the internet age?

If you found something particularly useful I'd be interested to hear about it.

Thanks for your help! :wubclub:

We used a site called British expats and a site called Adelaide bound....all good...dnt frequent them much now tho...prefer to get in the car and do our exploring

HG

Guest Fly Away

Thanks, I used BE too and several other forums.

Just wondering if there was a great source of information out there that I had missed.

Guest Ric & Paula

We went to various Expo's and found all the stands useful as well as the seminars.The Emigrate expo also had child centred seminars which our eldest (8 at the time) found really reassuring.We were also given lots of literature to read which was good as well as a book on all the suburbs,"Where to live Guide" which soon became our bible! Good Luck...