Update..were on our way!

mydearboy

Hi All a quick update

After both of us getting PR Lisa was pregnant so we decided to have baby in UK before coming out, well baby Lola has arrived (11)weeks, house sold for full asking price, I have got job in The Repatriation Hospital and am arriving on the 22nd may to start work on the 7th June. Lisa and Lola are following as soon as baby visa is issued (hopefully by July). I am staying in Port Noarlunga for a week then have a short term rental in Marion, thanks to thedelaneys on here. So anyone fancy a beer i will be more than happy to catch up with anyone, as it looks like i will have a month or 2 on my tod lol...hope to speak soon..

Darren(38), Lisa(37), Lola(11wk's) ;)

Guest Damien

Alright Darren, small world mate. We are renting in Port Noarlunga! Am more than happy to show you around, go to pub etc. I'm sure Jason (niknjas from Swindon) could join us as they are in Christies Beach. What has made us all arrive within walking distance? Must be the beach and the fishing! Weird.

Damo

Hi Damien

Wow now that is funny lol didnt manage to meet in good old swinetown but streets away the other side of the world lol! I will prob nip in the Port Noarlunga Hotel sat night 22nd i arrive in morning if you fancy a quick pint ;) You found work yet mate? hope your settled in!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Damien

Are you saying I'm a lightweight Tyke? :)

I take it I've already developed a reputation here, same as in the UK! I fell asleep in a nightclub once, I was only 23 too!

Hopefully you mean mydearboy will have jetlag..........

Guest Guest75
Are you saying I'm a lightweight Tyke? :)

I take it I've already developed a reputation here, same as in the UK! I fell asleep in a nightclub once, I was only 23 too!

Hopefully you mean mydearboy will have jetlag..........

I do.............. Not found out your drinking weaknesses until you admitted them publicly on here ;)

Hi all, well i got here ;)

arrived picked up rental car, drove to port noarlunga checked in motel, went to hotel for a bit of food and some drinks (didnt bump into any poms) but had a good time, went to bed and woke up this morning lol i must have needed it. Sorted out mobile phone, internet, sat nav, tfn, found my place of work and am just about to view a car!!!! Not bad for 1 day!!!

Anyway if anyone fancies a beer this week give me a nod on here, speak soon :)

• 1 month later...

Well guys its been about 9 weeks since i got here and wanted you all to share in my happy news, my baby 20 weeks old has now been granted her child visa and her and my wife can finaly join me getting here 12th august :jiggy:It has been a very emotionaly draining few months and was begining to think was it worth it but hey!!!!

I have been working at the Repat for 4 weeks and love my job very profesional team and great people....i was in prot noarlunga for first 2 weeks then moved into a rental in mitchell park. It is a great area a great house somewhere i never would have looked at before, it has everything a rail link to city 15 mins drive to city 15 mins beach 10 mins (Glenelg/Brighton) all south beaches and mclaren vale on doorstep fantastic location :)

Settled in quickly i think although strange to live a single life again after 12 years lol, now i need to clean house and make sure i recycle the beer and wine bottles ;)

Not met many people yet, bit hard when ya on your own so would still love to meet up with peeps if anything happening

Hope to speak to you all soon

Darren Lisa & Lola

Well guys its been about 9 weeks since i got here and wanted you all to share in my happy news, my baby 20 weeks old has now been granted her child visa and her and my wife can finaly join me getting here 12th august :jiggy:It has been a very emotionaly draining few months and was begining to think was it worth it but hey!!!!

I have been working at the Repat for 4 weeks and love my job very profesional team and great people....i was in prot noarlunga for first 2 weeks then moved into a rental in mitchell park. It is a great area a great house somewhere i never would have looked at before, it has everything a rail link to city 15 mins drive to city 15 mins beach 10 mins (Glenelg/Brighton) all south beaches and mclaren vale on doorstep fantastic location :)

Settled in quickly i think although strange to live a single life again after 12 years lol, now i need to clean house and make sure i recycle the beer and wine bottles ;)

Not met many people yet, bit hard when ya on your own so would still love to meet up with peeps if anything happening

Hope to speak to you all soon

Darren Lisa & Lola

Good Luck, Keep us posted.

Sorry we couldn't make it the first night - it was my eldest's last night here befor ehe flew back to UK. Glad you won't be on your own for much longer. Will have to see if we can meet up finally and have a few beers. I'm sure Damo won't turn it down. He might need directions though:biglaugh: (Sorry Damo, couldn't resist)

Jason & Niki